It’s not that hard to find opportunities to make money online. Searching the net will yield thousands of websites, all offering opportunities for you to make money.
You can earn answering surveys, completing small jobs, doing freelance work, and much more. Of course, with so many options available, it’s important that you be careful with opportunities that you join.
Not all of them are legitimate or worth spending your time and effort on. So it’s important to know beforehand if an opportunity you see online is worth your time or not.
That’s where we come in, as we review money-making opportunities to help you identify which ones that you should avoid and which ones you should try.
For this review, we’ll discuss a site called GoTranscript. It’s a site that offers an opportunity to make money transcribing audio and video files.
The amount of money you can earn depends on the number of transcription jobs that you complete. The site, though, says that the average earnings per month is $150.
But is GoTranscript really a legitimate opportunity to make money online or is it just a scam to avoid?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
GoTranscript is a Legit Opportunity to Make Money
GoTranscript is a professional transcription company that was launched in 2006. It offers an opportunity for people to make money transcribing audio and video files.
You will be paid after completing the file and you can earn up to $0.6 of one minute of audio or video file transcribed.
From what I’ve seen so far about GoTranscript, I can say that the opportunity they are offering is very much legitimate.
The company has been around for more than a decade and its longevity is a good sign that the company is not just a scam that will disappear anytime soon.
There’s also little to no problem at all when it comes to transcribers getting paid, so you know GoTranscript is really paying people.
All is not well with this opportunity, though, as there are several complaints about them. Chief among those complaints is the low pay that the company gives its transcribers.
There are also complaints about the quality of the audio file that transcribers are getting. I’ll talk about these issues in more detail as we progress further in this review of GoTranscript.
Who Uses GoTranscript?
GoTranscript is designed for two groups of people with one being businesses, organizations, and individuals that are looking for people to transcribe their audio or video files.
The other group are people who are looking for opportunities to make money online.
For businesses and individuals, GoTranscript has thousands of professional transcribers, proofreaders, and customer support people, all eager to serve the company’s clients.
The company also ensures that its staff is trained and certified to provide the best service and results.
If you are someone who is looking for an opportunity to make money online, this company can help you as well.
GoTranscript offers an opportunity for you to make money as a transcriber. You will be paid after you completely transcribe an audio or video file into a word file.
You get to earn for every minute of audio or video file that you transcribe. Applying is simple and free to do so and the opportunity is available worldwide.
In the next section, I’ll discuss more about the application process, as well as how you can make money with this website.
How Do You Make Money with GoTranscript?
There is only one way for you to make money on GoTranscript and that is by becoming one of their transcriptionists and taking on transcriber jobs.
You earn per minute of audio or video file transcribed and you will be paid after you complete the job. To apply, you need to go to the website and click Apply Now.
You can sign up with your email, Facebook, or Google account. It is free to join and this opportunity is available worldwide. As for the required equipment, you just need to have a computer, fast internet, and a good set of headphones.
After joining, you will be required to take a transcriber test, where you will transcribe a video file. The company will get back to you within two weeks to let you know if you pass or not.
Once you pass the test, you will need to create a Client account using the same email that you originally used. After you are done, GoTranscript will send you an email with the instructions you will need on how to start transcribing on the site.
The site uses its own transcribing software, so there’s no need for you to search for one and install it on your computer. You can also use your own software in case you have one already.
Inside the member’s area, you can see the different transcribing jobs available. You have the option to listen to a portion of the file first before deciding to get it and work on it.
If you feel you can work on the file, just click on the Make My Job tab and you can start. You can choose to work on it online or offline. If you’re using the company’s software, you need to work online.
When it comes to payment, the company said that they will pay up to $0.60 per audio or video minute. What this means is that you are being paid for every minute of the file that you have transcribed.
So, 5-minute audio or video file will earn you $3. Completing a 5 minute file can take you about 30 minutes or more, depending on your skills as a transcriber.
GoTranscript pays via PayPal or Payoneer every Friday of the week. There doesn’t seem to be any minimum cash out requirement.
It is important to note that you will only get credit for work after your transcripts have been edited. Transcription work is rated and you must maintain a rating of 4.5 and above.
Constantly submitting low quality work will result in your account being terminated and your payment forfeited. If you submit 3 recurring jobs that have a rating of 3.4 or lower, you will not be paid for it.
This is why it is important that you only do the work that you are comfortable in completing.
As mentioned above, there are certain issues with this opportunity. The first issue is the low pay. This is one of the most common complaints that people have with GoTranscript, the pay is low, especially if compared to other transcription jobs.
You can become an editor to make more money, but you will need to constantly have a high rating just to have that chance. Another complaint with this company is that some of the quality of the audio is bad.
Though GoTranscript tries to make sure clients submit files with good quality audio, there will be times where this can’t be helped.
There are certain tools available to help improve the quality of the audio. Other than that, it’s best if you just avoid them since you can listen to a file first before working on them.
What I Like about GoTranscript
Now that we know what GoTranscript is and what it offers, it’s time to discuss what I like about this opportunity.
- The first thing that I like about GoTranscript is that this opportunity is available worldwide. Anyone from around the world can apply to become a transcriber, which is good since there are similar opportunities that have limitations when it comes to who can apply for them.
- I also like that it is simple and free to apply to GoTranscript. There’s no need for you to fill out a long application and the exam you need to complete is simple enough to understand and won’t take a lot of your time. And, of course, it’s free, so no need to worry about paying for anything.
- Another thing that I like about GoTranscript is that you won’t need to have fancy equipment to become a transcriber. A laptop or computer, a fast internet speed, and good headphones are all that you need to get started.
What I Dislike about GoTranscript
Of course, not everything is good with GoTranscript are there are also several things about this opportunity that I don’t really like.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about GoTranscript is that their pay is very low. You won’t really make a lot of money as a transcriber unless you are willing to work a lot. Earning $0.60 per audio or video minute is not very high. This is especially true if you consider that 1 minute of an audio or video file will likely take you 10 minutes or more to transcribe, depending on your experience and the quality of the audio.
- Speaking of quality of audio, there are also a lot of complaints coming from transcribers that some of the files that GoTranscript uploads on the site has poor quality audio. This makes it harder to do the job properly.
- If you are also someone who relies on the Better Business Bureau to identify if a company is a scam, then you will be disappointed to know that GoTranscript is not listed with the BBB. This doesn’t mean they are a scam, but if this is an important aspect for you then this opportunity might not be what you want.
Do I Recommend GoTranscript?
After learning more about GoTranscript and what it can really bring to the table, I would say that it is an opportunity that is worth checking out.
I don’t fully recommend this opportunity because of the low pay that you will get for doing the transcription job.
The only way for you to increase your earnings with them is by becoming an editor. But to do that, you would need to consistently have a rating of 4.5 or above.
I still say that this is worth checking out since you can still earn decent money here if you put in the effort. Yes, it is possible to earn $150 a month with this opportunity.
You just need to work on at least one 10 minute audio or video file a day for 30 days and you can earn more than that amount. You just have to make sure the work you are submitting is good quality or you won’t get paid for it.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- 5 Financial Metrics to Keep your Business on Track as the World Emerges from COVID-19 - September 15, 2020
- A Complete Guide to Using Technical Indicators to Trade Cryptocurrencies - July 8, 2020