Being a mystery shopper is one of the most popular ways of making extra money. As a mystery shopper, you get to go to stores and markets, interact with the staff, and sometimes make purchases.
One company that provides this kind of opportunity is IntelliShop, which hires you to become a mystery shopper and visit stores and markets.
Some people claimed that you can make $100 to $150 per month with IntelliShop. But is this claim legit or not?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
IntelliShop is A Legitimate Mystery Shopping Opportunity that Pays
IntelliShop is a company that hires people like you to act as one of their mystery shoppers to visit the different stores and markets of their clients.
The company has a variety of clients from different industries, which you’ll visit, observe, and experience first-hand as a mystery shopper and create a report about it.
Based on what IntelliShop does and on my initial research about the company, I can say that it is a legitimate opportunity that will turn you into a mystery shopper.
The company delivers on its promise of turning you into a mystery shopper and will pay you for completing the work.
As for the claim that you can make $100 to $150 a month with IntelliShop and become a viable option for making money, it’s not as simple as that. You will see why as we continue with this review.
Who Uses IntelliShop?
The IntelliShop website is used by two groups. One of the groups are people like you who are looking for opportunities to earn extra income.
The other groups are businesses, advertisers, and market researchers, who are looking to improve the customer experience in retail stores and markets.
For businesses, IntelliShop provides them with an opportunity to have their retail stores and markets tested and investigated to see what they can do to improve it.
The company sends mystery shoppers to experience the store first-hand and conduct a report about the experience, which will be given to the businesses.
The report can help businesses improve their store and enhance the overall customer experience of people who visit and shop there.
For people like you, IntelliShop provides an opportunity to earn money for doing things that you would normally do, even without payment.
It’s not uncommon for most people to visit stores, try out items, ask questions to the store staff, and so on. But by being a mystery shopper at IntelliShop, you can do all of this and be paid for it.
The company will pay you in cash for completing an assignment and they usually schedule payments once a month. To become a mystery shopper, you would first need to apply and take a test that IntelliShop will provide.
Once you pass those, you will become one of their mystery shoppers and can start taking assignments. It is free to apply and become a mystery shopper.
How Can You Earn Money with IntelliShop?
As you probably already know, you get to earn money with IntelliShop by becoming one of their mystery shoppers. The company will pay you in cash after completing an assignment of reviewing a store or market.
As a mystery shopper, you can earn $5 to $30 for each assignment that you complete. IntelliShop will be providing a guideline on what you will be doing in the store that you’ll visit.
It can be buying an item, trying out the products, interacting with the staff, and more. You must follow the guideline completely in order to deem your assignment complete.
Once you are done, you are required to submit a report about your shopping experience in the store that you visited. Reports are simple to do, as most of them require choosing from a set of answers.
Available assignments are usually dependent on your area and on the information you provide during the application process.
IntelliShop also rates your performance as a shopper, which will affect the kind of assignments you can get, as well as your earnings. There are four factors that can affect the kind of rating a scheduler will give you.
One of them is the reports that you are submitting. A thorough and well-written report can help get you a high rating from the scheduler.
Another is completely following the guidelines given in the assignment. If you’re able to perform everything listed in the guidelines, you’ll likely get a high rating.
Intellishop also has rules when it comes to cancellation and performing the assignments on time. You should inform the scheduler ahead of time if you cannot perform the assignment or will be late in completing it.
Your record will be given a Flake Citation or Cancel Citation if you fail to follow their rules about the cancellation and being late. Similarly, being a dependable shopper can earn you a Hero Citation.
IntelliShop also has certain assignments that will reward you with Hero Citations. So taking them and completing them properly will earn you a high rating.
If you have a higher rating, you have more assignments coming to you and your chances of getting high paying assignments will also increase.
Aside from having a high rating, the number of assignments coming to you can also increase if you are a registered IC Pro and have a Gold or Silver MSPA certification.
IC Pro is a way for you to declare yourself as an independent contractor. To do this, you need to go to JobSlinger and register with them then find the IC Pro in My Account and fill out the information.
MSPA or Mystery Shopping Providers Association is the trade association that represents the mystery shopping industry in North America. Go to mysteryshop.org/certification to get details on how to be a Gold or Silver certified.
As for payments, IntelliShop usually pays every 20th of the month via PayPal. Each job that you compete on or before the 20th will be sent to your PayPal account on the 20th of the following month.
You can claim your payment on PayPal, five days after the IntelliShop has posted it. If you fail to claim the payment on PayPal within 30 days, it will be sent back to IntelliShop.
If this happens to you, you need to wait until the following month to get your payment. So how do you become a mystery shopper?
The first thing you need to do is to go to the IntelliShop website and apply there. You need to provide detailed information about yourself, as some clients have certain requirements about the kind of shoppers they need.
After applying, you will be given a 5-minute screening test to see if you can perform the job. Once you pass this, you can start to become a mystery shopper.
You will get email notifications or app notification (if you downloaded their app) about assignments that are available in your area.
Just respond to it and you will be considered. A confirmation email will be sent if you get the assignment.
What I Liked about IntelliShop
Now that we have more understanding of what is IntelliShop and how it works, it’s time to discuss what I like about them.
- The first thing that I like about IntelliShop is that it has a good system that you will just need to follow to successfully do your assignment as a mystery shopper and get paid for it. The company will provide the guidelines on what you need to do, so you just need to follow it. The reports are also simple to complete, as a lot of them usually already have set answers that you will just need to choose from.
- I also like that IntelliShop doesn’t have set hours or shops that you need to accomplish in a week or month. You have the freedom to choose the kinds of assignments that you get and you can complete them anytime, as long as you make sure to meet the deadline the company has set for it.
- The company pays via PayPal, which is good because you can get your money faster instead of getting checks mailed to your home.
- I also like that they reimburse you for items that you need to buy for the assignment, so you get paid, as well as free products.
- It is free to join, so you won’t have to worry about registration fees or monthly membership fees.
What I Disliked about IntelliShop
Of course, there are also things that I didn’t like about IntelliShop, which I’ll discuss here.
- The first thing that I didn’t like is that the available assignments will be dependent on your area and profile. This means that there will likely be cases where you will only receive a few assignments, lessening your chances to earn money. There will likely be cases as well, where there are so many assignments given to you that you can be stressed out trying to reach the deadline.
- Sometimes, the income you can get for being a mystery shopper with IntelliShop is not very high. This could be a bit discouraging, especially if the assignment requires a lot of things that you need to do. Yes, the item you buy will be reimbursed, but there are also other expenses, like gas, parking, etc. So there’s a possibility that you can lose money in some assignments instead of making money.
- I also didn’t like that there are cases where payment will appear credited on the IntelliShop website while it won’t reflect on your PayPal. This doesn’t seem like an isolated case, as the company even provided a way to troubleshoot the problem in their FAQs page.
Do I Recommend IntelliShop?
So is IntelliShop to be recommended? Can it really allow you to make $100 to $150 a month in extra income? After a thorough review, I can say that IntelliShop is something that is worth a try.
The opportunity the company provides has good enough merits for you to give it a try yourself. You just have to follow the guidelines given when doing your shopping to make sure that you get paid.
You also have to be aware of the rules and regulations that IntelliShop has, to avoid getting penalties and low ratings. As for earning $100 to $150, yes it is possible to reach that amount, but it won’t be easy.
First, you will need to have regular assignments coming to you so you have more chance to make money. You also have to have a higher rating to be able to get high paying assignments.
If one of these two factors is not present, I don’t think it will be possible to reach even $100 a month. So if you’re okay with that, then you can give the opportunity a try. If not, then IntelliShop is not the opportunity for you.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- What is Wealthy Affiliate – Benefits For Newcomers? - July 25, 2021
- Hotels Combined Affiliate Program Review - July 25, 2021
- Legitimate Data Entry Jobs From Home - July 24, 2021