Working in a corporate job is very stressful. There’s the long hours, the unrealistic targets, unreasonable bosses, and even below value paycheck for a lot of people.
Then there’s also the long commute to and from your work, which can also add stress to your daily life. This is why a lot of people are turning to the internet to try and find a less stressful way to earn money.
Now, there are a lot of opportunities to make money online. But probably one of the most lucrative and also one of the most challenging things you can do to make money online is to be a freelancer.
As a freelancer, you are basically exchanging your skills and talents for money. The most challenging aspect of this money-making activity is in the beginning when you are still finding clients and establishing yourself.
Once you get past that phase and have made a name for yourself or built up an impressive portfolio, finding clients is easier.
Now, one website is marketing itself as a program that can help you begin your freelancing career. That website is called My Freelance Paycheck, which helps and trains you to earn via freelance writing.
The program states that it is possible for you to make $1,000 to $3,000 a month doing freelance work. But is this program really legit and is it worth it or just a scam?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
My Freelance Paycheck is a Legit Program that is Also Somewhat Scammy
My Freelance Paycheck is a website that offers training programs that can help you start your freelance gig. It is owned by Laura Pennington, a freelance writer who’s making a good income online.
It’s not a site where you can actually make money, but it can help you make money by becoming a profitable freelancer. Of course, since it’s a training program, you’ll have to pay a fee to gain access.
By paying, you will gain access to Laura’s knowledge and tips on how to become a successful freelancer and make consistent money online.
From the looks of it, My Freelance Paycheck is very much a legitimate training program. It does provide useful information, tips, and training on how you earn big as a freelance writer.
However, the program does project the vibe of a scam, as there are certain things about it that seem suspicious. On my initial impression of the program, I can also say that it is something that is not really for everybody.
I’ll discuss this in more detail as we progress further in this review. I’ll also discuss if it is really possible to earn $1,000 to $3,000 a month doing freelance writing.
Who Uses My Freelance Paycheck?
My Freelance Paycheck website is actually designed for only one group of people and they are the ones that are looking for ways to make money online.
The website provides you with a training program that can help jumpstart your freelance writing career. It offers tips, information, and guides on how you can begin, how to attract clients, and so on.
Of course, all of this is not available for free on the website, as you will need to pay a one-time fee to gain access to the training materials.
However, looking deeper into what the site offers, you will be able to see that it is not really an opportunity for everyone.
You will also find some misleading things that the website is offering and promising. In the next section of this review, I’ll expound on this more and also discuss who will really benefit in joining My Freelance Paycheck.
How My Freelance Paycheck Can Help You Earn?
The My Freelance Paycheck website is not a site that will provide you with an opportunity to make money online. What it does offer, though, is an opportunity to learn how to make a decent income online.
The site offers tips, guides, and a training program on how you can make money by becoming a freelance writer.
Yes, this website will help you get started as a freelance writer and make money online. To enroll in the program, you would need to pay $47 to gain access to the training.
The $47 payment will get you the following packages from Laura Pennington:
- An eBook that is 156-pages long about how to become a freelance writer.
- The Audio Book version of the eBook.
- 23 Short Training Videos, which will show how Laura conducts her business and provide information and tips on how you can succeed at it.
- 5 Project Response Templates that you can use to help you respond properly to clients.
- A Success Multiplier eBook that provides tips and information from 5 experts in the industry.
- A Quickstart eBook Guide on how you can begin on Upwork
- A bonus chapter that discusses the 5 Most Common Mistakes of Freelance Writers
If you look at what the package includes, you will see that you are actually getting a good deal. Now, I have to say that the information Laura provides is actually something that you can find online for free.
The beauty of her package, though, is that the information has already been gathered for you and you would just need to read and study it.
This means you don’t need to spend a lot of time and effort researching all this information and also weeding out useless information.
Now I said that the program is not really for everybody and I stand by that statement. The reason being is that this program focuses on freelance writing gigs, which means it’s only for people who have the skill and passion for writing.
If you have the skills but don’t have the passion and vice versa, succeeding as a freelance writer will be very difficult.
I also mentioned that the website gives off a vibe that it is a scam and my main reason for saying that is because of the hype and claims Laura made in her sales video.
She makes it sound like becoming a freelance writer is so easy and simple and all you need to do is to follow the system and tips that she has in place.
In reality, though, becoming a content writer is not as easy and simple as she claims. Yes, she mentioned there she doesn’t have an English degree or any background or experience about writing content.
But she forgot that, in her story, her friend mentioned that she is good at creative writing, which means she is not really someone who has zero knowledge about writing.
The site is also deceiving about the payment, as it only mentions you need to pay $47 once to get access. Though that is somewhat true, there’s a sneaky upsell that they will include when you pay up.
The sneaky upsell is in the enrollment of their Passive Profits Mastery program. You will be given a free trial first for 1 month, and then you will need to pay $37 per month to remain in the program.
I say this is sneaky because it wasn’t really mentioned on the landing page. You will only find out about it once you are already about to make a purchase.
It’s also sneaky because you will automatically be enrolled in it, which means you’ll have to cancel it yourself if you want to avoid paying $37 monthly.
What I Liked about My Freelance Paycheck
Now that we have learned what My Freelance Paycheck is and what it is able to offer, it’s time to discuss what I liked about the program.
- The first thing that I liked about My Freelance Paycheck is that the training program they offer is actually very informative and will be a great help for people who are looking to start their freelance writing gig. Though the information is readily available online, the website has already gathered and packaged the most important information you will need to start your writing career. It saves you a lot of time and effort in finding this information and weeding out the unnecessary info.
- I also like that Laura Pennington is actually a real person that you can search and even talk to. Doing a quick search about her will reveal that she does exist and that she is indeed a successful online writer, further validating what she is offering on the website.
What I Disliked about My Freelance Paycheck
As appealing as this all sounds, there are also a lot of things that I didn’t like about My Freelance Paycheck, which I’ll discuss here.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about My Freelance Paycheck is that of the misleading hype and claim that Laura makes on her sales video. Now it is really possible to be a freelance writer even without any degree in English or experience in actually doing any writing for a publication or website. But it will take hard work, dedication, and passion. Writing online is not as simple as just putting words on your computer and uploading it or submitting it to clients. It’s actually easy for Laura to say this because she has a background in creative writing. But for a person who really has zero knowledge about writing, becoming a writer will require hard work.
- I also dislike that My Freelance Paycheck is also a bit sneaky when it comes to upselling their courses. Yes, you only need to actually pay $47 to gain access to the contents of the program. However, the site will also automatically enroll you in what they call the Passive Profits Mastery, which is $37 per month. The first month is free, as part of your registration, but you will automatically be charged $37 in the next months unless you leave the program. It would have been better if this is mentioned at the start or that you are not automatically enrolled in it when you register. This is an additional hassle on your part to cancel the membership to the program. Plus, there’s also a big chance you might forget about it and just be surprised at the additional charges.
Do I Recommend My Freelance Paycheck?
After learning more about My Freelance Paycheck and what it offers, I can say that I don’t really recommend this program.
Though it does provide good training and information, especially if you are looking to become a freelance writer, it is not really an opportunity for everyone.
For one, you will need to at least have a background or at least know how to write an article or blog to be able to really maximize what My Freelance Paycheck is offering.
If you are someone who has zero knowledge and experience in writing content, then your road to success will actually be harder and will require passion and dedication on your part.
Writing is not an easy gig, nor is it something that can be learned quickly. It will really require time, hard work and dedication.
I’m also not a fan of the sneaky upsell that is attached to your registration. I would have rather prefer that it was just an option and not be included in the package.
You can still check out the program if you want, especially if you really want to be a freelance writer. But if you don’t have the patience for writing and just want to make money online, then this program is not for you.
Other Interesting Posts
- Op4g Opinionplus Surveys Review – Can You Make Money With This Opportunity?
- Microsoft User Research Playtest Review – Can You Make Money With This Opportunity?
- National Consumer Panel Review – Can You Make Money With This Opportunity?
- Nicequest Review – Can You Make Money With This Opportunity?
- Opinium Research Panel Review – Can You Make Money With This Opportunity?