When it comes to making money online, no other companies come close to market research companies when it comes to popularity and availability.
There are a lot of market research companies that you can find online, that offers various ways for you to make money.
Most of them offer paid surveys as their main opportunity, but, there are other market research companies that offer different ways to make money.
One such research company is National Consumer Panel. It’s a market research company that provides you with an opportunity to earn just by shopping and doing your groceries.
The site will provide you with a physical scanning device that you can use to help them collect the data they need. The site will pay you in points, which you can redeem for various rewards once you have earned enough points.
The value of the rewards you can get is hard to gauge since the site doesn’t provide a lot of information with the kind of rewards they offer.
From what I’ve seen, it will depend on the time and effort you are willing to spend on this opportunity. It could take more than a month, though, before you can cash out since they don’t pay a lot of points.
But is National Consumer Panel really a legit opportunity or just a scam?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
National Consumer Panel is A Legit Opportunity to Earn Rewards
National Consumer Panel is a market research company that is designed to collect consumer data every time its members do their grocery shopping.
It is established through the partnership of Nielsen and IRI, two of the leading consumer insight providers in the U.S.
The company will send you a physical scanning device that you will use when you are shopping and the data it collects is sent back to National Consumer Panel and they share it with the two parent companies.
The site will pay in points for the activity and the points earned can be cashed out for various rewards after reaching the minimum number of points required.
From what I’ve seen so far, the site is a legitimate opportunity, especially if you consider that it is owned by two well-known consumer insight providers.
It does provide an opportunity to earn and they really do deliver the rewards after you withdraw them. There are, however, some issues with this opportunity.
Some members are complaining about the site’s strict rules when it comes to using the scanner and the harsh punishment they have when it isn’t returned.
Some, on the other hand, complained that the points being provided are not really enough to be able to withdraw within a month.
I’ll discuss these issues further as we progress in this review.
Who Uses National Consumer Panel?
The National Consumer Panel is designed for two groups with one being the clients of both IRI and Nielsen who are looking to gather insight on consumers purchase behaviors.
The other group are people like you who are looking for ways to earn extra income while also not minding that they are providing information about their buying behavior.
For brands and businesses, the site offers them an opportunity to gain insights on consumers buying behavior. The site provides their members with a scanning device that they will use every time they do their shopping.
The device scans the items that the member purchases and the data it collects is sent back to the site. Since it is owned by IRI and Nielsen, brands and businesses are assured they are only getting actionable data.
For people like you, the site offers an opportunity to earn rewards just for doing their grocery shopping. You will be paid in points whenever you submit the data to National Consumer Panel.
The points you earn can be redeemed for various rewards, once you have enough.
Becoming a member is free but it is not easy to do so. I’ll discuss this in more detail in the next section.
How Do You Earn with National Consumer Panel?
The National Consumer Panel provides two ways to earn and one is through scanning the items you purchase whenever you do your grocery shopping, while the other is by answering surveys.
The main way to earn, though, is through scanning the items you purchased. The site will pay you in points that you can redeem for rewards once you have enough.
To begin, you need to become a member of the National Consumer Panel first, which is free to do so. Becoming a member is not easy, though, as you would first need to belong to the demographics they are looking for.
If you belong to the demographic they are looking for, you will get an email to become a member. The opportunity seems to be available only to U.S. residents.
Once you’re done with the registration, the site will send you a handheld scanner or their mobile app. The scanner can allow you to scan the bar code of the items that you purchase.
Once you have the scanner or the mobile app, you just proceed to do the grocery shopping that you normally do. There’s no need to bring the scanner to your shopping, as you can just use it when you get home.
Every end of the week, you will be required to send all of the data that the scanner or your mobile app has collected to the National Consumer Panel.
The site will then give you points every time you send the data to the site. You just need to reach 8,000 points to be able to redeem them for rewards.
The site doesn’t really provide any information on how many points they will give you for completing the activity.
But from the looks of it, the points you earn will likely depend on the grocery shopping that you do in a week and probably on the amount of money you spend.
There are some members who are happy with the points that they are getting while there are those who are complaining. So I’m guessing it is really dependent on the frequency of your grocery shopping in a week.
The site also provides surveys for you to answer, but these are rare, so you cannot really rely on them to earn.
Once you have reached 8,000 points, you can redeem them for gift cards from Amazon, iTunes, or prepaid or debit cards. You can also choose to redeem them for household items like vacuum cleaners or kitchen appliances.
You can also choose to get entry tickets to a sweepstake draw for a chance to win $20,000.
One of the major complaints that people have with this site is their strict rules. It seems like you are required to use the scanner frequently, as the site will send you an email asking you to return it if you are not using it as often as they’d like.
National Consumer Panel also has a strict rule when the scanner is not returned on time. Your credit rating will be affected if you don’t return it within the given time frame.
There are some complaints, though, that the site doesn’t really follow that time frame and they will report you to credit rating companies immediately.
There are also complaints that the customer service is a robot as you will only get an automated response.
These are some of the complaints that members have that you need to consider before joining.
What is Good about National Consumer Panel
Now that we know more what the National Consumer Panel is and what they offer, it’s time to discuss what is good about this opportunity.
- The first good thing about National Consumer Panel is that earning points from the site is not that hard to do, as you will only need a mobile app or a physical scanner that the site sends you if don’t have a smartphone. Once you have the app or scanner, you just need to scan the barcodes of the grocery items you have purchased at home and send the data collected at the end of the week.
- It’s also good that National Consumer Panel is backed by two well-known consumer insight companies, so you know it is a very legitimate opportunity that won’t just scam you or leave you hanging and dry.
- It’s also good that the National Consumer Panel offers various reward options to choose from. In this way, you will have a lot of different rewards to decide upon when you are ready to cash out.
- It’s also good that it is free to be a member of the National Consumer Panel, so you don’t have to worry about paying for anything when you register.
What is Bad about National Consumer Panel
As appealing as this opportunity sounds, not everything is good with National Consumer Panel, as there are also bad things about it that I will discuss here.
- The first bad thing about National Consumer Panel is that becoming a member is not going to be easy since the site is strict when it comes to who can become a member. The site is also not open worldwide, so membership is really restrictive.
- I also consider it a bad thing that National Consumer Panel does not provide a lot of information when it comes to how many points you can expect to earn for doing the activity. I believe this is important information to disclose as people would want to know what they will earn for providing the information about their buying behavior.
- It’s also bad that National Consumer Panel doesn’t pay in cash. There’s nothing wrong with getting paid in gift cards, but I always prefer to get rewarded in cash, as it gives me more flexibility when it comes to spending it.
- It’s also a bad thing that National Consumer Panel is strict with the requirements of using the scanner. It seems you are really required to submit the data collected at the end of the week or else the site will email you asking you to return the scanner. And if you fail to return it, your credit ratings will be affected.
Do I Recommend National Consumer Panel?
After learning more about National Consumer Panel, I can say that it is a site that I don’t really recommend, but you could still check it out if you want.
I don’t really recommend the site because it has a lot of downsides and the rewards that they offer are not really enticing enough to consider them as an opportunity worth your time.
However, they do have certain upsides, which is why you could still check it out if you want. You can see for yourself if what they offer is something that is worth your while.
Just don’t expect a lot from the site and also be aware of their terms and conditions, especially when you are going to receive a physical scanner.
- Power Of Opinions Surveys Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Populuslive Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Panelpolls Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Panelbase Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Opinionworld Review – A Make Money Opportunity
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- 3 Sites That Pay You to Recommend Company Or Product Names - October 4, 2021
- A List of Scam Websites - October 4, 2021
- What is BritishFx Funds? Discovering the Hidden Truth About What is BritishFx - October 4, 2021