Online tutoring is one of the ways that you can make money online. There are a lot of websites out there that are offering opportunities to be one of their tutors and get paid to teach online.
One such opportunity is being provided by the NiceTalk Tutor app, which pays you to be a freelance English tutor. The work is flexible and the company pays you by the minute.
Your earnings here will be dependent on how good you are as an English teacher, but it’s very possible for you to earn at least $10 an hour with this site. But is this really a legitimate opportunity to make money or just a scam?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
NiceTalk Tutor App is a Legitimate Opportunity to Make Money
NiceTalk Tutor is a mobile app that is developed by the Hangzhou Feizhu Technology Co., Ltd. and is China’s first mobile English learning platform.
The app provides students with an easy way to have a one-on-one chat with a freelance tutor. As a freelance tutor, you will get paid per minute of your time chatting and teaching their students.
Based on what NiceTalk brings, and on my initial impression, I can say that it is a legit opportunity.
The company does deliver on its promise of giving you online tutorial work and will pay you per minute of your time. NiceTalk also gives you your money via PayPal, once you have reached the minimum requirement.
It’s easy and simple to apply, as there are only minimal requirements to be one of their freelance tutors. There’s also no registration or application fee.
Who Uses the NiceTalk Tutor App?
The NiceTalk Tutor app is designed to be used by two types of people. One of the groups are people like you who are looking for opportunities to make some money online.
The other group is people who are looking to learn and improve their proficiency in the English language. For students, the NiceTalk Tutor app provides them with an easy and convenient way to talk to tutors.
They won’t need to use their laptops or desktops to have a one-on-one session with the freelance tutors. Since NiceTalk Tutor is an app, all they need is a smartphone to do so.
They can also have the session wherever they want and whenever they want. For people like you, the NiceTalk Tutor app allows you to earn money by being a freelance English tutor.
The beauty of this app is that you only need your smartphone to teach students. You won’t need to be stuck in front of a laptop or desktop to be able to work, and you can also work anywhere and anytime.
You also get paid by the minute of talking, so you will still get paid, even if you didn’t spend a lot of time chatting with a student.
Applying is simple and NiceTalk Tutor also has simple requirements in order to get accepted as a freelance online tutor.
How Do You Earn with NiceTalk Tutor?
As mentioned above, you earn money with NiceTalk Tutor by being one of their freelance tutors. You get paid in cash per minute of talking to a student.
The opportunity that the company provides is not like your regular tutoring session, where you have to follow a lesson plan and really teach students how to be proficient in English.
With NiceTalk, you are just basically having a conversation with their students. You can talk about anything at all. The app basically acts as a way for their students to practice speaking in English.
You will not be following any lesson plans or guidelines here, as the conversation can be pretty much about anything at all.
You can choose to really teach students English if you want, or you can just let the conversation flow, depending on how the student will lead you if you get matched with a talkative one.
The first thing to do is to apply to become one of their freelance tutors. Go to their website, register, and fill out the required information like your name, email address, password etc.
The only requirement is that you should be a native English speaker. The company does prefer someone who is TEFL, TESOL, or CELTA certified or someone with IELTS or TOEFL teaching experience, but it’s not a requirement.
After registering, you will need to download the app and complete your profile there. Once done, you will need to provide a short introductory video about yourself, as sort of a test to see if you can really speak proper English.
After completing that, you can start chatting with students. It is free to register and download the app.
At first, NiceTalk Tutor will match you with students based on your ratings. After a while, you can have a direct-call mode. This means that a student requests you to be their online tutor.
The duration of the calls will be dependent on your student. It can last for only a short time, or a long time, depending on their preference.
Your rate as a freelance tutor is $10 per hour. The company, though, will pay you per minute of talking, so if your call only lasted 30 minutes, you will still get $5 from it.
NiceTalk Tutor pays per week via PayPal and they will only pay you as long as you have a balance of more than $20. Their cutoff time is every Monday, 3 AM GMT+8, and you can expect your money after 3 or 4 business days.
Aside from earning via tutoring, NiceTalk Tutor also has a referral program. The company will pay you $20 for every person you refer, as long as they have already chatted for a total of 100 minutes.
What I Liked about the NiceTalk Tutor App
Now that we know more about the NiceTalk Tutor app and how it works, it is time to discuss what I liked about this opportunity.
- The first thing that I liked here is that the opportunity that NiceTalk Tutor provide is not your typical tutoring job, where there’s a lesson plan that you need to follow and a schedule. The job is more about you talking and conversing with the students, basically helping them practice speaking in English.
- I also like that NiceTalk Tutor pays you by the minute, which is a good thing because the duration of the call will be up to the student. There’s a possibility that you could be talking for as long as 1 hour or as little as 10 minutes. So you will still get paid, regardless of the length of your conversation and won’t need to have a minimum number of hours before the money is sent to your account.
- I also like that it is easy and simple to be accepted into NiceTalk Tutor, as the company doesn’t have many requirements. They do have preferences but their only requirement is that you should be a native English speaker. A video of you introducing yourself is the only exam they will require from you.
- There’s a referral program, which makes it easier and faster for you to reach the minimum withdrawal requirement.
What I Didn’t Like about the NiceTalk Tutor App
There are also things that I didn’t like about the NiceTalk Tutor, which I’ll discuss here.
- Probably the first thing I didn’t like about the NiceTalk Tutor is that they’re really looking for people who are native English speakers. There have been a lot of users who said that English is their second language and they speak it fluently, however, they’re not accepted to the program.
- There are also a lot of complaints about the app not working properly, especially during the sign-up process. This could make it a bit harder become one of the company’s freelance tutors. You could try to sign up via their website, but you’ll still need the app to complete the process.
- Compared to other online tutoring opportunities, NiceTalk Tutor has one of the lowest paying gigs on the market. $10 per hour is a bit low, as some tutoring jobs offer $15 and even more than $20 per hour.
Do I Recommend the NiceTalk Tutor App?
After a thorough review of the NiceTalk Tutor app, I can say that it is something that is worth trying out. Though the opportunity pays low, compared to other online tutoring opportunities, the work is easier.
All you really need to do here is to chat with the students, and you can basically talk about anything at all. No need to prepare any lesson plan or follow any form of guidelines when talking to a student.
Some students will likely ask you for help with their English, but some would likely just want to converse and practice their English.
The only issue I have here is that it could be a bit hard to get accepted into this program as it looks like they really require native English speakers and not just those who are fluent in it.
The app may also not working properly, making it hard to actually apply to be a freelance tutor. As for earnings, NiceTalk Tutor pays $10 an hour and it is really possible to earn that amount.
As long as there are a lot of students on the app, it won’t be a problem to reach $10 an hour. If you’re a good tutor, you might earn more, as students will likely request you to chat with them.
So if you can get accepted into this program and you are able to register properly via the app, give it a try. It could be a decent money maker for you.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- 5 Financial Metrics to Keep your Business on Track as the World Emerges from COVID-19 - September 15, 2020
- A Complete Guide to Using Technical Indicators to Trade Cryptocurrencies - July 8, 2020