There are a lot of different opportunities available on the internet when it comes to making money online. There are thousands of websites all offering various ways for you to earn.
Probably one of the most common opportunities you can find when it comes to making money are survey sites.
A lot of the money-making websites out there offer surveys as one of their opportunities or their main opportunity for you to make money on their site.
Unfortunately, not all of these opportunities turn out to be legitimate or worth your time and effort. Some are just a complete waste of your time and it’s best to avoid them.
For this review, we’ll look at a site called Opinion City. It’s a site that claims to connect you with the top market research companies to allow you to make money online answering surveys.
The amount of money you can make will depend on the survey sites that you join. But the site is saying that the potential earning is $300 a month.
Is Opinion City, though, really a legitimate site or is it a scam or just a waste of time?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
Opinion City Seems Legit, But There Are a Lot of Red Flags
Opinion City is a website that recommends certain survey sites that offers an opportunity to make money online.
This type of site is basically known as a survey hub where they recommend other survey websites that they’re a member of, earn affiliate or referral bonuses.
Based on what Opinion City is offering, they can’t be considered a scam since they’re not charging anything to gain access to the site.
They’re also not promising anything except to recommend survey sites to make money from. However, this doesn’t mean that the site is really a legit one since there are also several red flags about them.
One of the red flags about Opinion City is the identity of the owner. Some of the sites being recommended are also questionable.
There’s no way for you to contact the owner or developer of the site. The site also creates a false urgency about the survey sites that they recommend.
Lastly, your details are not really secure with this site. I’ll discuss these red flags in more detail as we progress in this review of Opinion City.
Who Uses Opinion City?
Opinion City is designed for people who are looking for opportunities to make money online. The site doesn’t offer the opportunity, but they do recommend sites that you can make money from.
It is important to note, though, that the sites they recommend are those that they are an affiliate of.
So signing up to these sites actually makes them money. This means that they don’t necessarily recommend the sites that are considered as the best survey site to make money from. The owner recommends only the sites where they can earn.
Before getting access to the site, you need to sign up and become a member, which is free to do so.
In the next section, I’ll discuss in more detail the registration process, as well as how Opinion City works.
How Does Opinion City Work?
Opinion City is a site that recommends several survey sites that people can join in order to make money online. You just need to sign up in order to gain access to the different survey sites that are being recommended.
You will also need to answer a captcha to complete your registration. Once inside the member’s area, there are three webpages you can access.
The first page is the Highly Recommended page, where the Opinion City’s top recommendations are placed. The site also recommends that you answer at least 5 surveys to increase your chances of getting a full payout.
The second page is the Bonus Surveys page, where the new and latest surveys they recommend are placed.
The last page is the Coupons & Freebies page. This page contains the opportunities such as cash backs, free items, raffle entries for a chance to win cash prizes.
As already mentioned above, the sites being recommended in Opinion City are those where the owner is an affiliate of.
So don’t believe that the sites they recommend are necessarily the best survey sites out there. They only recommend it because they will earn something from it when you sign up.
What People Are Saying about Opinion City?
A lot of the reviews about Opinion City are not good but in all fairness, though, the site does recommend several legit survey sites that you can really make money from.
There’s also really nothing wrong with promoting or recommending sites that you are an affiliate of. But the red flags are a bit concerning.
For starters, you don’t really know the identity of the owner of the site since there’s no an about us page or even a way to contact them.
When you go to the contact us page, you will only get a form to fill in saying they will get back to you. Talk about being secretive about their identity.
The first page also shows a comment made by a supposed Consumer Trend Investigator named Alyssa, which turns out to be fake. The pic used is just a stock photo since it’s been used on other sites as well for different identities.
Another red flag is that some of the survey sites that Opinion City recommends are questionable. Not all of the sites they recommend are legit or worth your time and effort.
For example, MySurveyJobs, shows that you can earn $500 just by answering surveys. If you’re familiar with survey sites, you know making that kind of money answering surveys is impossible.
Most surveys usually pay less than a dollar. For those that do pay well, they don’t really provide enough survey opportunities to be able to earn that amount in a month or even in a year.
Another red flag is the fact that the site creates a sense of urgency for you to join their recommended survey sites.
They put a certain number of slots left in a site so you will feel that you need to sign up immediately before all slots are filled.
In reality, most survey sites don’t really have a limit on how many people can sign up. The sites that do have a limit don’t advertise how many slots are left, so there’s really no way for Opinion City to know this.
The last red flag is regarding your privacy. The site mentioned that they will share your private information to companies whenever you make a request for a quote for products or services.
This statement doesn’t really make sense as why would you ask Opinion City for quotes regarding products or services? They don’t offer any product or service only a list of survey sites that you can join.
So this puts into question the site’s authenticity in protecting whatever information you give to them.
What I Like about Opinion City
Now that we know what Opinion City is and what they are offering, it’s time to discuss what I like about this opportunity.
- About the only good thing I can say with Opinion City is that it is free and easy to sign up. Yes, some of the sites they recommend are good, but they also recommend questionable ones. Their supposed reviews are also not that helpful so you won’t really know if the site you’re joining is worth your time or not.
What I Dislike about Opinion City
When it comes to things I dislike about Opinion City, there are actually a lot of them. But I’ll just focus on the important ones that you need to know.
- The first thing that I don’t really like about Opinion City is that they don’t check the survey sites they recommend you to join. Sure there are good sites that are worth your time, but there are also sites that are really just a waste of your time. This means you’ll really have to do a trial and error with these sites as Opinion City reviews are very bare.
- Another thing that I didn’t like about Opinion City is that the identity of the owner is hidden. One of the things that a lot of people look at to see the legitimacy of a website, especially the ones that offer money-making opportunities, is if the owner is a real person. If the site’s owner is not a real person or they can’t be identified, it’s normally a bad sign.
- I also don’t like that Opinion City doesn’t provide you with any way to contact them, except for the form that you need to fill in with your inquiries. This is also not a good sign since there’s really no other way to contact them or to be able to verify their identity through the contact details they provide.
- I also don’t like that Opinion City is trying to make signing up to their recommended survey sites seem urgent. The site is blatantly lying when they indicate there are only a certain number of slots available just to make you think that you should sign up quickly. It’s a sign that they really only want people to sign up to the site so they can earn through the referral or affiliate program.
Do I Recommend Opinion City?
After learning more about Opinion City and what they are really offering, I can say that it is an opportunity that I don’t recommend.
The website doesn’t really provide you with any real value. The survey sites they recommend can be found easily with a simple Google search.
It would be better if they at least provide a detailed review of these sites, but their reviews don’t really tell you anything important, making them useless.
Plus, the site has several red flags that usually scream scam. Though I won’t call the site a scam since they don’t charge anything and some of the sites they do recommend are legit, I won’t really call them legit either.
They’re just a site that’s really focused more on trying to earn affiliate or referral bonuses from the sites they recommend rather than trying to help people to make money online.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- 5 Financial Metrics to Keep your Business on Track as the World Emerges from COVID-19 - September 15, 2020
- A Complete Guide to Using Technical Indicators to Trade Cryptocurrencies - July 8, 2020