If you’ve been looking for an opportunity to work from home, you’ve probably come across websites that are offering transcription work. One such website that offers that kind of opportunity is Rev.com.
The website hires people like you to become one of their freelance transcriptionists. But is this a legitimate earning opportunity or is it just a scam? Let’s find out in this review of the website.
But before we begin, let us first discuss what is Rev.com and how it works.
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
What is Rev.com?
Rev.com is a website that provides different services like transcription work and doing translations for businesses. It hires freelancers like you to do the work for them and will pay you weekly for the work you render.
The company believes in giving people like you the opportunity to work from home and in your own free time, as well as deliver top-notch service to clients.
The company has a strict process that each applicant will go through, to ensure that they are only hiring people who are capable of performing the work properly.
Rev.com promises to offer unbeatable quality, speed, and value to their clients. They make use of good and talented people, as well as technology to deliver on this promise.
It is very simple to apply, as you will only need to fill out the application form found on the website and pass the test that they will give you.
Who Uses Rev.com?
The Rev.com website is used by two groups of people, one of the groups are the businesses who have translation, transcription, and caption work that needs to be done but don’t have the time or people to do it.
With the help of Rev.com, these businesses can have their work completed for them and they won’t have to spend too much money to get it done.
Rev.com saves businesses time and money so they don’t have to hire their own freelancers to complete the work for them.
The other group is people like you who are looking for opportunities to work from home. Rev.com provides that opportunity for you in the form of transcription, translation, or caption work.
The company is very flexible, not only with the time you can work but also with the amount of work you’re willing to do.
They don’t have a minimum requirement when it comes to the hours or amount of work you must accomplish in a week or in a month.
The pay for your work is not set, as the company base it on the length and difficulty of the work you’re doing. You’ll be paid weekly via PayPal.
To get hired, you will need to fill out an application on the website. Then you will need to pass several tests before you’re hired and can start working on Rev.com.
How Can You Earn on Rev.com?
As mentioned above, you earn money with Rev.com as an employee doing transcription, translation or caption work. The company pays you weekly via PayPal for the work you accomplish.
The beauty of this opportunity is that the company doesn’t really require that you should have experience doing transcription work to be accepted.
You can have zero experience with transcription work and still get accepted to Rev.com. You will only need to fill out an application form found on the website then pass some tests.
There are two types of tests that you need to take, one is a simple grammar and writing test. This tests your skills in English, as you need to at least be knowledgeable with the language to do the work properly.
The other test is a transcription test. The test to be provided will be similar to the files that you will be working on when you’re accepted to Rev.com.
After completing the process, you will just need to wait for a few days and Rev.com will email you if you pass or not. If you fail, you can reapply again in 6 months.
If you pass, you can start working at Rev.com. You get to decide what you want to work on, whether it is transcription, translation or some other type of work available on the website.
The beauty of this opportunity is that you decide when you want to work, as they don’t have a minimum number of hours or tasks that you must complete in a week or in a month.
You can work now, finish a transcription and work again the following month, that won’t be a problem.
The audio content, job subject, how much you will get, and the deadline needed to complete the work will all be displayed, so you can decide whether you can do the job before taking it.
You will start out as a Rookie since you are just a newbie on the website. In this level, you can only work on shorter transcription projects, ranging from 1-minute to 30-minute long files.
The next level is Revver, where you have the freedom to work on any job you want. To get to this level, you need to transcribe at least 120 minutes and have accuracy and formatting ratings of 4.5.
You also need to be 75% on-time submission and a commitment ratio of 8. The top level is Revver+, which allows you to claim projects 90 minutes earlier than Rookies and Revvers.
This enables you to get the easier jobs to complete. To get to this level you need to have transcribed 1,200 minutes with accuracy and formatting of 4.6, 90% on-time submission and commitment ratio of 15.
As for payment, it will really depend on the job that you are doing. Rev.com will base it on the difficulty of the work and the length of time needed to complete the job.
Some say you can likely earn $0.40 to $0.65 per audio minute that you are able to transcribe. So for one hour of audio file, you can likely earn $24 to $39.
Payments are given every Monday via PayPal. The opportunity is open to everyone who lives in countries that accept PayPal.
Rev.com also has ways for you to improve, as they provide transcription tutorials, practice jobs, and even constructive feedback from their experienced transcriptionists.
There’s also an active forum and a Support team that you can ask for help in case you have questions.
What I Liked about Rev.com
Now that we know what Rev.com is and how it works, it is time to discuss the things that I liked about the website.
- Probably the best thing that I like about Rev.com is that it pays weekly. This is a big plus since you will be able to get the money you earned working in just a week. No need to wait for 2 weeks or a month to get your money.
- I also like the fact that Rev.com makes it flexible for you to work. They don’t have a requirement for the number of hours or tasks you need to complete in a week in order to get paid. With this company, you can really work when you want and how much you want. Of course, working more will mean more money and a chance to climb up in rankings.
- It’s also a good thing that Rev.com rewards freelancers who are working hard and providing high-quality work. The company has a ranking system that provides several perks and benefits that can help you earn more money.
- Rev.com also provides a lot of help and support for its freelancers, so you have all the tools you need to help you do well in this type of work.
What I Didn’t Like about Rev.com
As great as Rev.com is, as a work-from-home opportunity, there are also things that I didn’t like about the company, which I’ll discuss here.
- The one thing that I probably dislike the most about Rev.com is that the potential income you can get may not be that high. Yes, the files you’re working on could be only 1-minute long, but it doesn’t mean that you will only spend a minute on that work. You could end up spending longer and only receive a payment that is less than $1.
- Another thing I don’t like is that I see a lot of complaints that some of the audio files the clients provide are not good quality. This makes it hard to do the transcription work and complete it in time without too many errors. This can be a problem, as accuracy is one of the criteria that Rev.com is uses to promote you to a higher level.
Is Rev.com a Legit Opportunity or a Scam?
Based on what I see, I can say that Rev.com is not a scam and is actually a reputable company. Yes, there are some complaints about the company, but these are not about not receiving payment.
The company does make do on its promise of paying you your money, depending on the amount and the difficulty of the work that you are able to complete.
Do I Recommend Rev.com?
If you are looking for an opportunity that can provide you with extra income, then I recommend Rev.com to you.
The flexibility that the company provides makes them an ideal side job that you can do to supplement your main income. But as a potential opportunity that you can do full-time, I will have to stop you there.
Yes. Rev.com has the potential to be a full-time job, but with the low starting pay and the difficulty that you could possibly experience to rank up, it may not really make it an ideal full-time opportunity.
The average transcriber can likely make $200 to $300 per month here, which is good as extra income but not enough to be full-time work.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- 5 Financial Metrics to Keep your Business on Track as the World Emerges from COVID-19 - September 15, 2020
- A Complete Guide to Using Technical Indicators to Trade Cryptocurrencies - July 8, 2020