There are a lot of ways that you can earn money online, and getting paid to answer surveys is probably one of the most common ones you can find. One of the websites that offer this opportunity is Survey Junkie.
But is this survey website a legitimate one that really pays or is it just a scam like some other survey sites out there? Let’s find out in this review. Before we begin, let us first discuss what Survey Junkie is.
- 43 Legitimate Ways To Make Money From Home – Guaranteed
What is Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie is a website that will pay you to answer surveys that come from companies and brands doing market research about their products and services.
The surveys are designed to help companies improve the products and services that they are providing. Answering surveys won’t take long, as you will likely only need 5 to 20 minutes per survey.
The kind of surveys you will get will primarily depend on your profile, so it is important that you completely answer your profile to have a higher chance of having more surveys to answer.
You won’t get paid in cash for completing surveys, as you will instead receive points that you can redeem for cash or gift cards.
The points you will receive for completing a survey will depend on the survey you are answering. It is free and easy to join, as you will just need to go to Survey Junkie’s website and register.
Who Uses Survey Junkie?
The Survey Junkie website is used by two groups, people like you who are looking to make some money online, and companies or brands who are looking to improve their products and services.
For companies and brands, Survey Junkie provides them with an opportunity to do market research easily.
They would just need to put their survey on the website and Survey Junkie will be the one to match the survey to the right people, based on their profiles.
This ensures that companies and brands will be getting information from the right people, thus helping them learn what they need to improve with regards to their business, products, and services.
For people like you, Survey Junkie provides you with an easy way to make some money doing something easy and simple. You will just have to answer some questions in order to get paid.
The surveys aren’t long, so you won’t need to spend a lot of time in completing them. The questions will likely be related more to your buying behavior and how you feel about the company or their products.
You just need to completely answer your profile, as the survey that will be sent to you will depend on your profile. Survey Junkie will be sending you survey questions based on your profile.
Once you’ve completed a survey, you will be paid in points. The points you earn will depend on the survey you are answering.
The points can be redeemed for rewards, like cash or gift cards. To start answering a survey, you will need to register at Survey Junkie and then complete your profile to start answering surveys.
How Can You Earn Money From Survey Junkie?
As mentioned above, you earn on Survey Junkie by completing surveys. You will be paid in points, which you can redeem for rewards like cash or gift cards.
To start, you will need to first register on the Survey Junkie website. It is easy to do so, as you have the option to register with your email, via Facebook, or Google Plus.
After signing up, you will just need to confirm your email address, which will already earn you 25 points. Once you are inside, Survey Junkie will ask you to complete your profile.
You will just need to answer a series of questions, like your age, contact info, other personal information. You will also need to answer some questions about your lifestyle, interests, and more.
These questions will help the company get to know you better and match you with the survey that you will qualify for.
Completing your profile will earn you another 50 points, giving you 75 points to start you off. Once you’re done, you are ready to start answering surveys.
The points you earn will vary per survey and Survey Junkie provides you with points value per survey, so you will know how much you can earn. You can expect to earn 50 to 450 points.
Answering a survey won’t take much of your time, as you can finish a survey in as little as 5 minutes and as long as 20 minutes. So from this duration, you can likely answer a few surveys in under an hour.
You will instantly get your points after completing the survey, so you won’t have to wait long to get the points you earned.
Once you have earned enough points, you can redeem it for cash or gift cards. Survey Junkie has gift cards from popular brands, like Amazon, Starbucks, Target, and more.
If you prefer cash, you can also exchange your points for cash, which the company will transfer to your PayPal account. The minimum amount that you can redeem your points for is $10.
To reach $10, you will need to earn 1,000 points. This shows that to get $1, you will need to earn 100 points. Getting that amount will require you to complete at least 2 surveys.
It is possible to reach the minimum point requirement from Survey Junkie, especially if you qualify for a lot of surveys.
The beauty of Survey Junkie is that they will almost immediately send you your rewards after you cash out. There’s no need to wait for a few days just to get your money or your gift card.
The company will send your money or gift card online once you can redeem it.
What I Liked about Survey Junkie
Now that we know what Survey Junkie is and how it works, it is time to discuss the good things about this survey site.
- Probably the best thing that I liked about Survey Junkie is that it provides you with an option to withdraw in cash. This is a big deal, considering that getting paid in cash is still preferable than getting paid in gift cards or other forms of rewards.
- Your rewards are sent almost instantly to you, so you won’t have to wait for days to receive your money or gift card. Survey Junkie will send it within 24 hours, allowing you to enjoy your fruits of labor faster.
- I also like the fact that Survey Junkie is not charging any fees for redeeming points, which is what some money making websites do. Some websites will likely require 1,250 points to cash out $10, while in Survey Junkie, they will just stick to the $10.
- The low cash out requirements of $10 is also a good thing, making it easier for you to withdraw your money.
- Joining Survey Junkie is free and easy to do. So you won’t have to worry about paying a membership fee to become a member.
What I Disliked about Survey Junkie
Of course, not everything is all roses and daisies for Survey Junkie, as there are also things that I didn’t like about the survey website.
- Surveys are not guaranteed because the number of surveys you will get is dependent upon your profile and demographic location. So even if you are willing to spend hours a day answering surveys, if there aren’t any surveys available that you qualify for, then you won’t get any.
- Since surveys are not guaranteed, the earning potential of Survey Junkie is not that high. So you can’t expect to make a lot of money here or be able to replace your day job. This site is likely good just as an extra source of income.
- Like any survey site, Survey Junkie also sends out survey invites to you, even if you won’t qualify for the survey. There are usually qualifying questions that you need to answer first before answering the actual survey to see if you qualify. This could be a waste of your time, especially if you never really had any chance of qualifying in the first place.
- There have been complaints from some members that Survey Junkie didn’t pay them their cash or gift cards after they cash out. It is also hard to reach their customer service team to ask about their payment issues.
- It is not available worldwide, as Survey Junkie only allows people living in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to become members.
Is Survey Junkie A Legit Survey Site or A Scam?
From what I’ve seen, I can say that Survey Junkie is one of the legitimate survey sites you will find out there. The company really pays you after you complete a survey and they will give you your money or gift card after you redeem.
The complaints of the company not paying are not that many and some of the issues were resolved after talking to the company’s customer service team.
Another thing that shows Survey Junkie is not a scam is that it was launched in 2005, so the company has been in business for close to 13 years. No company will survive that long if they have been deemed a scam.
Is Survey Junkie to be Recommended?
If your goal is to make a lot of money online or you are looking for an opportunity to leave your job, then Survey Junkie is not for you.
Since surveys are not really guaranteed, it will be hard to rely solely on the income you will get from Survey Junkie to cover for all of your expenses.
At best, you will likely make about $20 to $50 a month from this website. But this is still not guaranteed. With this low amount and inconsistent income, Survey Junkie is best as just an added source to earn some money.