Paying people to live an active and healthy lifestyle is now becoming a trend, as more and more opportunities like this are starting to become available. One such opportunity comes from the Sweatcoin app.
It tracks your steps, which you can convert into the app’s currency. But is this opportunity really legitimate or is it just a scam? We’ll find out in this review.
But before we begin, let us first discuss what Sweatcoin is and how it works.
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
What is the Sweatcoin App?
Sweatcoin is an app that is designed to motivate people to live a healthy lifestyle by paying them to do so. The app tracks your steps taken and pays you in virtual currency that you can redeem for rewards.
The founders of Sweatcoin believe that your lack of motivation to workout and exercise is due to human nature, which has the need for more immediate rewards.
So they countered that by providing instant gratification whenever you decide to work out and exercise. By paying you for exercising, you will now be more motivated to workout and live a healthier and more active lifestyle.
You’ll be paid in Sweatcoins, which you can use to redeem for rewards like gift cards and cash. It is free to become a member of Sweatcoin and you would just need to go to their website.
The app, though, is only available in select countries. Sweatcoin will use your email to inform you if their app is available in your country.
Who Uses the Sweatcoin App?
The Sweatcoin app is used by two types of people, those who are looking for motivation to start living a healthy lifestyle, and those who are looking for ways to make some money online.
It’s possible that you can be both, as the app benefits both groups with its offerings. If you’re looking to live a healthy lifestyle, the Sweatcoin app will help you with that.
The app will provide you with motivation to start living healthily by paying you for reaching a certain number of steps. Once you achieve that number, the app will pay you in Sweatcoins.
The virtual currency can then be redeemed for rewards like items, gift cards, and cash. It’s basically a win-win situation for you. You get to live a healthy lifestyle and make some money out of it.
It also won’t matter if you’re just looking to make some money and don’t really care about living healthily. The Sweatcoin app makes it easy for you to do so.
You just need to sign up, download the app, register and just start doing your thing. You’ll be earning money without even noticing it, as the app just keeps track of the steps you are taking.
Once you reach the minimum number of steps, you’ll be paid with Sweatcoins. You’ll basically be earning money, even without doing much. It is also free to join, so there’s no risk on your part.
How You Make Money with the Sweatcoin App?
As mentioned above, the Sweatcoin app pays you to walk. The app will keep track of the steps you have been taking and pay you with Sweatcoins once you reach a certain number of steps.
The Sweatcoins you earned can then be redeemed for rewards that the company offers. You have a choice between gift cards, items, cash, or even donate to the company’s partner charity.
But in order to enjoy great rewards, you would first need to earn some Sweatcoins. Earning coins is not that hard, as all you really need to do here is to walk.
The app is designed to keep track of how many steps you have already taken and will pay you once you’ve reached 1,000 steps. The company will be paying you 0.95 Sweatcoins for reaching that target.
Now, getting to 1,000 steps is not that difficult, as an average American adult will usually take about 5,000 to 7,000 steps in a day. This means that earning 5 Sweatcoins a day is very achievable.
The 5 Sweatcoins a day will be your maximum earnings as a Mover, which is the free membership account of Sweatcoin.
To earn more, you will need to upgrade to the Shaker account, which has a cap of 10 coins a day, the Quaker with a cap of 15 coins a day, or the Breaker account, which allows you to earn 20 coins a day.
It’s not free to upgrade to these accounts, but you won’t be paying in cash, as Sweatcoin only allows you to pay in Sweatcoins as well.
The lowest will require 4.75 coins a month, while the highest is worth 30 coins a month. To ensure that the app will count your steps, you just need to keep it running on in the background.
It is also important to note that the app will only count the steps that you have taken when you are only outdoors. The app connects to your device’s GPS to see whether you are outdoors or indoors.
Once you’ve earned enough coins, you can start redeeming them for rewards. The company is offering gift cards from brands like Amazon, Forever 21, and more.
You can also exchange your points for items like fitness apparel, or even gadgets like iPhone 8 if you have enough virtual currencies for it.
If you prefer cash, Sweatcoin also allows you to redeem for cash, which they will pay via PayPal. But if you’re feeling a little generous, you can use your coins to in charities that the company partnered with.
You will likely need at least 50 Sweatcoins in order to be able to redeem for a reward. Now it is easy and free to join Sweatcoin. You just need to download the app, register, and then complete your profile.
Once you’re done, you can easily set up the app to start tracking your steps and make some money.
What is Good About the Sweatcoin App
Now that we have an idea of what Sweatcoin is and how it works, it is time to discuss what is good about the app.
- Probably one of the good things about Sweatcoin is that it can really push you to live a healthier lifestyle and get you involved in more outdoor activities. The fact that the app tracks the steps you take outdoors instead of indoors, means that walking around the house or office won’t really count as an active lifestyle.
- I also like that Sweatcoin offers a variety of rewards for you to choose from, including cash. This provides you with more motivation since you have more enticing rewards to choose from, instead of just one or two prizes.
- I also like that the app is free to join. The free membership, though, does has some limits with your earning potential. The good thing is you won’t need to pay cash for the membership fee, as the company also charges in Sweatcoins.
What is Bad About the Sweatcoin App
Of course, there are also things that are not good about the Sweatcoin app, which I’ll be discussing here.
- Probably the main complaint that I have with Sweatcoin, and a lot of people have as well, is that the app is a big battery drainer. For the app to be able to track your daily steps, it needs to at least be running on in the background. Yes, that won’t quickly drain your battery, but having an app running constantly is still a huge battery drainer.
- I also didn’t like that there’s a limit to how much you can make in a day unless you pay to upgrade your account. Granted that you will only be paying in Sweatcoins, but that’s still a portion of your possible income being used to pay for your membership in order to help you earn more.
- It is not available in all countries, as only select countries are able to enjoy the services that the app provides.
Is the Sweatcoin App Legit or a Scam?
Based on what I’ve seen about the app, I can say that it is pretty much a legitimate app that will really pay you and give you the rewards you will be able to redeem.
You just need to activate the app, keep it running on the background and just start walking. You just need to remember that the app will only track steps that you have taken outdoors.
It is also important to remember that the type of account you have will also determine the limit of coins you can make in a day. So don’t be surprised to earn little coins, even after taking a long walk.
Is Sweatcoin to be Recommended?
Is the Sweatcoin app to be recommended? Well, it is actually dependent on what you want to accomplish in your life. If you’re looking to make some good money online, then this app is not for you.
Yes, it does provide cash as a reward, but with the limited Sweatcoins you can earn in a day and the high coin requirement to redeem for cash, I don’t see a way for you to earn decent money with this app consistently.
But if your goal is to lose weight and start living a healthy lifestyle, then this app could actually help you with that.
With the reward the app offers for just walking outdoors, Sweatcoin can help motivate you to start living healthily and build a habit to have a healthy lifestyle.
If you want to earn more, then Sweatcoin is not for you. But if you want to build a healthy lifestyle, then this app is for you.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- 5 Financial Metrics to Keep your Business on Track as the World Emerges from COVID-19 - September 15, 2020
- A Complete Guide to Using Technical Indicators to Trade Cryptocurrencies - July 8, 2020