One of the most decent paying online opportunities that you can find are transcription jobs. These kinds of opportunities usually pay well and they pay you in cash.
One such opportunity is offered by Tigerfish Transcribing. The company hires people like you to do transcription work and they will pay you for it.
As to how much you can possibly earn with this opportunity, you probably expect to earn about $7 to $15 per hour. But is this really a legitimate transcription job opportunity that really pays or is it a scam and a waste of time?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
Tigerfish Transcribing is a Legitimate Opportunity that Pays
Tigerfish Transcribing is a company that offers transcribing services to anyone that has a need for a transcriptionist. The company hires people who are capable of performing transcription jobs well to ensure good quality.
There’s really no information on how Tigerfish pays its workers, but some say they are paid in cash per word.
Based on what the company offers, I can say it is a legitimate site that offers transcription job opportunities. There have been little to no complaints about the company not paying, so you know they pay.
As long as you get accepted when you apply to the company, you won’t have problems with the kind of transcription jobs they have and the pay that you will be getting.
Tigerfish is also not strict with their requirements on who can apply, as long as you are 18-years old and live in the U.S., then you can try and apply for a transcriber position.
As the review progresses further, you will also see why I say you can likely expect to make around $7 to $15 an hour with this opportunity.
- How This Crazy Experiment Turned Into $10,000 Per Month Income
- 43 Legitimate Ways To Make Money From Home – Guaranteed
Who Uses Tigerfish Transcribing?
The Tigerfish Transcribing company is designed for two types of people with one being those who have a need for transcription services.
The other type are people like you who are looking for ways to earn extra money online. For businesses and individuals, Tigerfish promises to deliver good quality transcriptions for their audio or video files.
The company offers several packages, including rush jobs, where they can deliver a transcript that is fully edited within 2 hours.
They employ a lot of transcribers and editors who follow certain rules and guidelines to be able to come up with quality transcripts.
For people like you, Tigerfish provides an opportunity to earn extra income as a transcriber, even if you don’t have experience in transcribing.
Anybody can apply, as long as they are at least 18-years-old and live in the U.S, which is good as this gives everyone a chance to become a transcriber.
It is free to do so, and you will just need to undergo several tests to see your capabilities in doing transcription work and following instructions.
Once accepted, it also seems like the company will pay you per word, instead of the usual per audio hour that a lot of transcription opportunity offers.
How Do You Earn With Tigerfish Transcribing?
The only way to earn with Tigerfish Transcribing is to become one of their transcriptionists and take on transcriber jobs. You get paid in cash per word you transcribe into a written format.
Like any transcription job, the first thing you will need to do is to apply to become one of the company’s transcribers.
As mentioned above, the beauty of Tigerfish is that they allow anyone to apply, as long as they are at least 18-years-old, has a Windows-powered computer or laptop, and reside in the U.S.
Now to apply, you will need to go to their website and click on employment opportunities. There, you will see a link to Tigerfish’s style guide, which will show how they want the transcriptions to look like.
After you finish reading it, you will need to download several files, which are basically files that you will need to transcribe. These files will test your skills in transcribing and let the company know if you can do the job or not.
The files are five minutes long and after uploading, you will also need to input how long it took you to finish transcribing each one of them.
After completing the test, you can proceed to complete the application process by providing name, email, phone number, and where you live.
You will also need to provide an essay about yourself, as well as select the subject that you are familiar with and how many hours per week you would like to work.
The process also includes you selecting which day of the week and time of the day you are available to work. Once done, you just need to click submit and wait for their feedback via email.
If they like your profile and the test you submit, you can expect to hear back in a few weeks. If you don’t hear back from them, it’s possible you weren’t accepted to be a transcriber.
Once hired, though, you are required to purchase Start Stop’s Power Play for Windows media, which you will use for the transcription job.
This will cost you about $200, so getting hired is not really free, as you will need an equipment to be able to work properly. The product can be purchased from Tigerfish.
Now, it’s hard to really determine how much you will make as a transcriber for Tigerfish, especially since there’s not much information about how much they pay.
Research, though, shows that the company pays about $0.005 per word, so a 1,000-word transcription file will earn you $5.
The files to be transcribed aren’t that long, as it will usually have a duration of 5 minutes, which will likely take you about 20 to 30 minutes to finish, especially if you are new to this.
Once you get used to transcribing, though, you will need less time to finish a file, allowing you to earn more in the process.
What is Good about Tigerfish Transcribing?
Now that we know more about what Tigerfish Transcribing is and what they offer, it is time to discuss what is good about the opportunity they provide.
- The first thing that I like about Tigerfish Transcribing is that it is available to beginners. The company is not just looking at experienced transcriber to join their team, as they are willing to give beginners a chance, as long as they can show that they can perform the job well when they are hired.
- I also like that the application process is simple. You won’t need to provide a lot of details or fill out a long application form. Just provide your name, email, address, and contact details, plus a short essay about yourself. Then you just need to show your transcribing skills by transcribing three files the company provides and you’re done.
What is Bad about Tigerfish Transcribing?
Of course, not everything is good and well with Tigerfish Transcribing, as there are also bad things about the opportunity they are providing.
- The first issue I have with Tigerfish Transcribing is that they are not very transparent when it comes to how much they are paying their transcribers. I’m sure one of the things you look at when it comes to opportunities like this one is how much you are going to be paid. Since the company is not transparent about it, it’s hard to get an idea of how much you can make, unless you do a bit of research.
- It’ also bad that Tigerfish would require you to purchase transcription software when you’re hired so you can work properly on the transcription jobs they have. This could be a problem, especially to people who are just starting out as a transcriber, since they will need to shell out money upfront.
- It’s also a shame that Tigerfish takes its time reviewing the application form sent by people, as it usually takes them a few weeks or more before you hear anything from them. The bad part is that they likely won’t reply to your application if you are not selected for the job. I understand they might be busy, but I consider it a good sign of professionalism to at least let the candidate know whether they are accepted or not.
Do I Recommend Tigerfish Transcribing?
After learning more about Tigerfish Transcribing and what it offers, I wouldn’t recommend this opportunity. But it is something that you could check out if you want.
My only reason for not recommending them is because of the upfront investment that you will need to make to start working with them.
Shelling out $200 for software to help you transcribe is not a small amount, and could be problematic for you, especially if you’re just starting out.
Other than that, though, I find what Tigerfish offers a good opportunity, especially for beginners who are just looking to gain experience as a transcriber.
The fact that the company accepts beginners and that the pay is decent makes it still worth checking out. You can likely earn $7 or close to $10 an hour in the beginning since you get paid per word.
But once you get used to transcribing, you can actually increase that to $15 an hour or more. The money you can earn will greatly depend on the kind of work you are willing to put into this opportunity.
If $200 won’t be a problem for you, then you should try applying to Tigerfish. But if the money you need to spend will be an issue, then this opportunity may not be for you.