There are a lot of opportunities available on the internet when it comes to making money online. There are thousands of websites and companies out there all offering various opportunities.
Most of the opportunities you will likely find involve answering surveys or completing various tasks to earn rewards.
But there are also other companies that are offering real work-from-home opportunities and one of them is Transcom.
It offers people an opportunity to make money online as a work-from-home call center agent. The task you will do will depend on the position that you apply for.
You can choose to work as a full-time work-from-home employee or as a part-timer. The amount of money you can earn will depend on the position that you get.
The position will also come with benefits, especially for full-timers since it is a job. But is this opportunity offered by Transcom legit or is it just another scam to avoid?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
Transcom is A Legit Company That Offers Work-From-Home Opportunities
Transcom is a company that provides call center services to other companies. They provide services such as customer representatives, technical support, and sales.
These positions are available as a work-from-home opportunity, so you don’t have to physically work in their office when you apply and get accepted into one of these positions.
You can work as a full-time employee complete with pay and benefits. They also have part-time positions but at a slightly lower pay and no benefits.
From what I’ve seen, I can say that Transcom is a legitimate company that offers work-from-home opportunities.
The company has been around for more than 2 decades and it serves more than 350 companies in over 20 countries.
Transcom also has more than 30,000 agents from all over the world, so you know they’re not only legit but a big company as well.
Of course, there are still some issues with this company, starting with the very short breaks that you will get in between calls.
Another common complaint is that the pay you get is not worth the effort and work you need to put into the job. I’ll discuss these issues as we progress further in this review of Transcom.
Who Uses Transcom?
Transcom is designed for two groups with one being businesses and companies who are in need of call center services. The other group are people who are looking for opportunities to make some money online.
For businesses, the company allows them to outsource some of their call center needs. Transcom can provide call center services like tech support, sales, and customer representatives.
The company also has offices in various parts of the world and they also have remote workers, so they can serve a lot of different companies from all over the world.
For people who are looking for opportunities to make money online, the company can help with that. They offer an opportunity to work in one of their remote offices or as a work-from-home call center agent.
Their work from home positions, though, are only available to North American residents.
In the next section, I’ll discuss in more detail the application process, as well as the compensation you can expect from Transcom.
How Do You Make Money with Transcom?
Transcom offers an opportunity to work as a call center agent. If they have offices in your home country, you can choose to apply and work as their in-house agent.
If you live in North America, like the Canada and U.S., you have the option to work as a remote call center agent.
They offer Customer Service Representative and Technical Support positions. As of this writing, there’s no open position for Canadian residents.
To be able to apply, you need to live in the following states AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, NE, NV, NH, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI.
In Canada, they hire people who live in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Yukon, and Nunavut.
Applying is simple, just go to Transcom’s website to apply. Fill out the required details and take the employment test, which lasts about 30 to 45 minutes. After that, there will be a brief phone interview.
Requirements for the position is a high school diploma or a GED. You should also be tech savvy and have good troubleshooting skills. Providing customer service and tech support is also a must.
The pay you get will depend on the position and on whether you are going to be a full-time remote employee or a part-timer.
Research shows that part-timers earn $10 an hour while full timers get $11 an hour plus benefits. After 6 months as a part-timer or temporary employee, you will get hired as a full timer and increase your pay as well as get benefits.
Benefits include 401k, medical, dental, and other options catered to the individual. It’s a 40 hour week and the shift will vary. Pay will be given bi-weekly and via direct deposit.
What People are Saying about Transcom?
The majority of people who work for Transcom are happy and satisfied with the opportunity. A lot are glad to have the opportunity to work from home. Many have commented on how friendly the company’s staff are when they converse on the phone.
Not everyone is satisfied with this opportunity though, as there have also been several complaints.
One of the most common complaints I saw is that you don’t get many breaks and if you do it’s usually short due to the high frequency of calls coming in.
It seems some managers demand a lot from their agents and they expect them to work hard, without taking necessary rest breaks. Asking for leave can also be a problem since the company doesn’t seem to allow a lot of days off.
Another complaint that I saw is that the pay the company gives is not really up to par with the work they are demanding. Though there are people who are happy there are a lot that want Transcom to increase the compensation, especially as the work is very demanding.
What I Like about Transcom
Now that we know what Transcom is and what it offers, it’s time to discuss what I like about this opportunity.
- The first thing that I like about Transcom is that they offer a work-from-home opportunity. They offer call center agents living in the U.S. and Canada an opportunity to be an agent working remotely. This is good, especially for people who have problems commuting from home to office and vice versa.
- Another thing that I like about Transcom is that applying to be a remote customer service representative is simple and free to do so. You don’t have to worry about undergoing a complicated and long application process just to get a chance to be hired.
- I also like that the opportunity Transcom offers is a job so it is more secure than the usual money-making opportunities found on the internet.
What I Dislike about Transcom
Of course, there are also things about Transcom that I don’t really like and I’ll discuss them in this section.
- The first thing that I dislike about Transcom is the heavy workload and the demand on their agents. A lot of people have complained about the high frequency of calls, to the point where they don’t even have breaks or only short ones. Asking for leave seems like a problem as well.
- Another thing I dislike about Transcom is that the pay they provide their agents is low, compared to the work that they demand from them. A lot of people have also complained about the low pay, and research shows $11 per hour will be the start rate for a full-time position. Though it is above minimum wage, it’s not worth it for a lot, considering the demanding work load and the shifting schedule of the job.
- I also don’t like that the opportunity Transcom offers is still a job. You have a fixed schedule to follow and a fixed salary to expect. This might not be the flexibility you are looking for in an online opportunity.
- I also don’t like that it is only available to people living in the U.S. and Canada. It would have been great if Transcom expanded their work-from-home opportunity to also include other countries.
Do I Recommend Transcom?
After learning more about Transcom, I can say that it is an opportunity that is worth checking out, provided you live in the U.S. or Canada.
The company is legit and known in the BPO industry, so you know their opportunity to work-from-home as a call center agent is legit and decent.
However, you have to contend with the heavy workload and demand from management when you start working.
You also have to consider that this is a job, so there’s a fixed schedule that you will need to follow. The schedule is also shifting, so there’s a chance you might be given a graveyard shift.
If you are looking for an online money-making opportunity that is flexible in both schedule and pay, then this opportunity is not for you. But if you want a job that allows a work-from-home option, then you could check out what Transcom offers.