When it comes to making money on the side, networking or multilevel marketing (MLM) is probably one of the most popular opportunities you will see.
And why not? If done right, MLM is a great way to make extra money on the side, considering you are not required to serve a certain number of hours a week.
You are basically free to work anytime, anywhere, and on any day that you feel like it. You are basically doing direct selling here, minus the time requirement of a real sales job.
The challenge, of course, is finding an MLM opportunity that is not a scam, as there are also a lot of scam opportunities out there.
One way to determine if an MLM is legit is that it has a real product and service that it is promoting and its compensation plan is not centered on recruiting members.
For this review, I’ll be talking about an MLM company called Vantel Pearls. The company sells jewelry and accessories made of pearls and they provide an opportunity to make money as one of their consultants.
The amount of money you can earn here will be dependent on a lot of factors, especially the effort that you will be putting in since this is a direct sales opportunity. But the minimum commission is at 25%.
But is the opportunity that Vantel Pearls offers really legitimate or is it just another scam?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
Vantel Pearls is a Legit MLM Opportunity
The Vantel Pearls company was founded by Joan Hartel Cabral in 1990 and operates in Mansfield, Massachusetts, USA.
The company sells pearl jewelry and other pearl related products. One of the unique things about their products is that some of them will include a sealed oyster that the customer will need to open.
The oyster will contain a pearl that will be placed on the jewelry piece that the customer bought along with the oyster pearls.
The company is using MLM to help promote and sell the products they offer and they reward affiliates with commissions for being able to make a successful sale.
Since the company focuses more on selling and promoting their products, it’s a good sign that it is a legit MLM.
My initial research also shows that people are really getting paid for being an affiliate and following the compensation plan of Vantel Pearls.
As we progress in this review, I’ll discuss further how you can make money here and how much will likely be the minimum money you can earn, considering the minimum commission is at 25%.
Who is Vantel Pearls Made For?
Vantel Pearls is a company that is designed for two types of people with one being those who are looking to purchase pearl jewelry and pearl products.
The other type of people are those who are looking for ways to make money on the side. For buyers, Vantel Pearls offer genuine freshwater cultured pearls.
The pearls they sell are cultivated by oyster farmers. But the main selling point of the company is the oyster pearl kits, where you can purchase a jewelry set that has a sealed oyster.
The sealed oyster will contain a pearl that is ready to be placed in the jewelry piece that comes with it. The company has a wide array of different products and jewelry to choose from.
For people who are looking to earn money, Vantel Pearls offers an opportunity to become one of their consultants, where you can earn retail commissions, referral commissions, and other bonuses.
In the next section of this review, I’ll discuss in detail how you can make money with Vantel Pearls.
How Do You Make Money with Vantel Pearls?
Vantel Pearls offer an opportunity for you to be an affiliate. You get to earn commission for every product you are able to sell.
Now, it is first important to remember that the company requires you are able to generate at least $500 in personal sales over a continuous two-month rolling period to qualify for a commission.
Buying a product on your own or a downline’s purchase is not part of the quota. This means you will really need to sell the company’s products to people.
Now, the minimum retail commission you can get is 25%, but it can go up depending on your affiliate rank and if you meet certain requirements that the company has.
Now, Vantel Pearls has 8 affiliate ranks and each rank will earn different commissions. The different ranks are as follows:
- New Recruit – As a New Recruit, you are required to host at least 3 parties within 35 days. It’s not clear, though what will happen if you fail to do this. The retail commission you can receive here is 25% for every sale.
- Consultant – In this rank, you only need to achieve the quota needed to qualify for a commission, which means at least $500 in personal sales over a continuous two-month rolling period. Your commission will be 25%, but it can go up to 30% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Star Consultant – As a Star Consultant, you need to have at least 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $2,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here will be at 29%, which can go up to 34% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Leader – For the Leader Rank, you need at least 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $4,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here is 32% but it can go up to 37% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Star Leader – A Star Leader would need 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $8,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here will be at 33%, which can go up to 38% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Director –As a Director, you would need 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, have at least one Leader in your downline, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $15,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here will be at 34%, which can go up to 39% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Executive Director – Executive Directors would need 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, have at least 2 Leaders in your downline, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $25,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here will be at 34%, which can go up to 39% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
- Star Executive Director – The last is the Star Executive Director, which requires 3 personally recruited commission qualified affiliates, have at least 3 Leaders in your downline, earn at least $1,000 a month in sales and your downlines should be earning at least $35,000 in group volume sales a month. Your commission here will be at 36%, which can go up to 41% if you generate at least $4,000 in monthly personal sales volume.
It is important to note that your personal purchase, as well as your affiliates personal purchases do not count on the personal and group volumes required.
Aside from retail commissions, you can also earn for getting people to become consultants as well. You can earn as low as 2% per downline to as high as 13% depending on your rank.
You can also earn downline commissions for up to level 4 affiliates. Aside from downline commissions, there’s also the rank achievement bonus and monthly total sales bonus.
These bonuses are only available for Director level and above. To become a member of Vantel Pearls, you will need to purchase their starter kit of $99, which includes an oyster with pearl and jewelry.
What I Liked about Vantel Pearls
Now that we know how Vantel Pearls work, it’s time to discuss the good thing about their opportunity.
- The first thing that I liked about Vantel Pearls is that they provide a lot of ways for you to increase your earnings. Sure, you are basically just selling the products that they have, but if you meet certain sales targets, you get to earn more money in the process, which is a good thing.
- I also find the marketing gimmick of hosting an oyster opening party a good thing. I understand not everyone will like it, but I find it a unique and fresh experience that will certainly catch people’s attention. This makes marketing the product a bit easier since you can just host a party and invite people to try the product and entice them to buy.
- It’s also good that Vantel Pearls concentrates more on promoting and selling their products than in recruiting. This shows that the company is a legit MLM opportunity that has legit products to promote and will not rely on recruiting.
What I Didn’t Like about Vantel Pearls
Of course, there are also things that I didn’t like about Vantel Pearls, which I’ll discuss here.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about the opportunity of Vantel Pearls is that the earning opportunity is very limited. The only thing that you can really earn here is through the sales of the pearl products that the company offers or recruit new downlines, though that won’t earn you much. This means that this opportunity is not really for everyone since not everyone has the patience and drive needed to succeed in selling.
- Another thing I didn’t like about Vantel Pearls is that their quotas are a bit high and harder to achieve. This means going up in rank will also be harder on your part.
Do I Recommend Vantel Pearls?
From what I’ve seen from Vantel Pearls, I can say that the opportunity they are offering is something to be recommended, especially if you are someone who likes direct selling or hosting parties.
This type of opportunity is, understandably, not for everyone, considering you will need to be good at selling and marketing here to really make money.
It is also worth noting that a big part of the marketing strategy of the company, for both selling the product and recruiting new affiliates, is the oyster opening parties.
This means people who like hosting parties can also check out the opportunity. One suggestion I have is to try and attend one of oyster opening parties being hosted by a consultant.
From there, get a feel of everything and see if becoming a consultant from Vantel Pearls is something you would like.