A lot of the money-making opportunities you can find online will come from market research companies. These are companies that offer money in exchange for participating in their studies.
The studies can be in the form of surveys, focus group discussions, in-person interviews, and more. Answering surveys are the most common opportunity that these kinds of companies provide.
But a lot of them also offer other forms of studies for you to participate in. For this review, we’ll be talking about a market research company that also offer different studies that you can participate in other than surveys.
This company is called Daley Updates, former Chasen Research. It offers ways for you to make money by participating in the various studies that they are conducting for their clients.
The company pays about $20 to $150 per study, which is a good chunk of money just for answering surveys or participating in focus group discussions.
But is this opportunity really legitimate or is it just another scam that you should avoid?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
- 1 Chasen Research used to be Legit, but the Change to Daley Updates made it a Scam
- 2 Who Uses the Daley Updates (Chasen Research) Website?
- 3 How Do You Make Money with Daley Updates (Chasen Research)?
- 4 What is Good about Daley Updates
- 5 What is Bad about Daley Updates
- 6 Is Daley Updates to be Recommended?
- 7 Related
Chasen Research used to be Legit, but the Change to Daley Updates made it a Scam
Chasen Research is a market research company that was established in 1986 in New York, U.S.A. It’s a company that provides random people an opportunity to make money by participating in their studies.
The studies conducted are for companies who are looking to gather more information to help improve the products and services that they offer to their clients.
Based on what the company is promising and on my initial findings, I can say that the company used to be very much legitimate.
There have been little to no complaints about the company delaying their payments or that they are not paying at all.
However, this all changed when its owner, Marcey Chasen, sold the business. It was sold to a person named Dee Daley or Dawn D. Bertsch.
Research showed that she used to be a Recruiting Director at Chasen Research. She changed the name to Daley Updates and it still provides the market research opportunity that the previous company provided.
The problem is that the new owner doesn’t seem to be paying any of its panelists, which makes it a big scam. As we continue further in this review, I’ll be providing more details about this.
Who Uses the Daley Updates (Chasen Research) Website?
The Chasen Research website is designed for two groups of people with one being businesses and organizations that are in need of market research services.
The other group are people like you who are looking for ways to make some money online. The new company didn’t really change what the old company was offering for clients and participants.
And this is not unusual, considering the new owner was a director at Chasen Research. The big difference is that the Daley Updates is a big scam.
It is not paying any of the participants who were unlucky enough to be part of a study. In the next section, I’ll discuss how you are supposed to make money with this opportunity.
How Do You Make Money with Daley Updates (Chasen Research)?
To make money with Daley Updates, you would need to participate in one of the many studies that they offer. You will get paid after you complete the study.
This might sound simple but it isn’t, as the company will only allow qualified people to participate in their studies.
When they say qualified, it just means that your profile, demographic, and the overall personal information is the right fit for the study that they are conducting.
Some of the main requirements that they have are that you should be a U.S. resident and at least 18 years old.
Yes, the opportunity is not available worldwide, but there’s a good reason for this. The main kind of study that Chasen Research conducts is focus group discussions.
This means that they will need their participants to be present in their office or a research facility in order to become part of the study.
The company conducts the focus group discussion or in-person all over the U.S. so you won’t need to be residing in a certain state to be able to register.
When it changed to Daley Updates, it seems like phone interviews are the main thing they are conducting. Well, this makes sense as it will be easier to get away with not paying people if you do the study by phone instead of in-person.
Becoming a panelist is free to do so, you would just need to fill out the application form found on their website. Once you’ve signed up, the company will contact you if there is a study that is a match for your profile.
If you are contacted, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you are qualified already. It just means your profile could be a good fit for the kind of study that they will conduct.
You will need to answer some qualifying questions first before the company deems you an appropriate participant for the study they will be conducting.
As for payment, a study can pay as little as $20 to as high as $150. The company calls this honorarium and they will process it right after you complete the study.
The amount of money you can earn will likely depend on the kind of study you will partcipate in and on the client that is requiring the study.
A study can last for as short as 30 minutes to as long as 2 hours. Studies are usually conducted during the weekday evenings, but some studies can be conducted during the daytime or on weekends.
But as mentioned above, you won’t really be getting your money after participating in the study. Both companies would process the payments after completing the study. But Chasen Research was the only one who provided the right payment to the participants, while Daley Updates seems to forget to pay people who participated.
If you are looking for a website, though, it seems like Daley Updates doesn’t have one. To get participants for a study, the company posts their qualifying questionnaires in forums or discussion boards.
They then mention that someone from the company will contact those who fill out the questionnaire and qualify for the study.
What is Good about Daley Updates
Now that we have learned more about Daley Updates and what they are offering, it is time to discuss what is good about the opportunity.
- If we’re talking about Chasen Research, there are actually several good things about them. One is that it provides good payment for each study and that it really pays its panelists. But since we are talking about Daley Updates here, I can say that the only good thing about them is that it is free to join. Other than that, there’s really nothing good about what they offer since they don’t pay.
What is Bad about Daley Updates
There are a lot of bad things about Daley Updates, but there are also things I learned about Chasen Research that I didn’t like and I’ll discuss them in this section.
- The main thing that I didn’t like about Daley Updates is, of course, the fact that they have a problem paying their panelists. There have been complaints about the company not delivering on its promise of paying people who participate in the studies that they are qualified for.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about Chasen Research is that the study invites are not guaranteed. The number of invites you can receive will likely depend on your profile and the kinds of studies that the company’s clients are requiring. This means it will be hard for you to get consistent earnings here since you won’t know when your next study invite will be or how many you can expect to get. This makes this opportunity an unreliable source of income.
- I also consider it a bad thing that getting invited for a study is not a guarantee that you will get to participate in that study. Just like with a lot of market research companies, study invites doesn’t mean you are automatically qualified. It just means you are a candidate to be a participant. You will still need to answer qualifying questions to see if you can really become a participant.
Is Daley Updates to be Recommended?
If it was Chasen Research that we are talking about, I would say that it is a company that is worth checking out. It offers a good opportunity to make decent money just for participating in studies that they are conducting.
But since we are talking about Daley Updates here, I would say that it is an opportunity that I won’t be recommending to anyone.
The main reason for doing this is because of its issues with the payments. There have been complaints that the company is not paying people who were chosen to participate in their studies.
This makes this opportunity a huge waste of time on your part since you will spend time and effort on a study that you won’t get paid for.
It is unfortunate, especially considering how promising Chasen Research used to be. The old company lasted for 32 years, providing people with a way to make some money.
But it was all ruined quickly as the new owners decided to be greedy and just keep all of the money they earned to themselves.
It’s a good thing, though, that Chasen Research is not considered as a popular market research company, as only a few people seem to know about it.
This means that the name change to Daley Updates will make it even less known to people. You just have to be careful when you get an invite for a study.
If it’s for a study that Daley Updates will conduct, then it would be best to stay away from it.
- Is Datatelligence Online Legit?
- Is Esurveyseeker Legit?
- Is Green Panthera Legit?
- Is Drop App Legit?
- Is Gifthulk Survey Legit?
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Work-at-Home Job Opportunities For Pregnant Women - June 7, 2021
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- How to Sell Hair Online – Best Options to Choose - June 3, 2021