If you think shopping is only a waste of time and money, then you better think again. The BestMark website provides you with an opportunity to make money while you do your shopping by becoming one of their mystery shoppers.
But is this a legitimate opportunity or just a scam? We’ll find out in this review of BestMark. Before we proceed, let us first identify what BestMark is.
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
What is BestMark?
BestMark is considered one of the leading companies when it comes to mystery shopping and market research. It hires people like you who are looking for extra income to become a mystery shopper for their many clients.
The company has clients that come from Fortune and Global 500 companies. The list of companies they have includes businesses like retail stores, restaurants, casinos, hotels, financial institutions, and more.
As a mystery shopper, you will help BestMark to enhance the customer service level of their many clients. You will be compensated in a variety of ways, depending on the kind of shopping you did and the venue you were assigned to.
The company has a lot of mystery shopping assignments in a lot of areas in the U.S. and in Canada.
To become a mystery shopper, you would need to fill out an application form from BestMark, which is free, and just wait for them to contact you.
Who Uses the BestMark Website?
The BestMark website is used by two groups, people like you who are looking for extra income and companies who are looking to enhance their businesses.
For companies, BestMark provides them with an opportunity to really deliver on improving customer experience in their stores.
The website has a unique approach of isolating key behaviours that make customers happy, which they share with their clients.
This allows BestMark’s clients to apply these key behaviours in their business operations, thus enhancing the experience of their customers and increase their loyalty to the store.
BestMark also provides their clients with a wide array of services that improves their overall operations, from auditing, surveying, to management systems.
The website promises that their solutions will increase customer satisfaction. Now, if yo
u are looking to make more money, BestMark provides you with an opportunity to do just that by becoming their mystery shopper.
This gives you a chance to earn extra money, while also having the benefit of shopping in different stores that BestMark will send you to.
You just need to fill out an application form, wait for a call from BestMark, pass their assessment, then you can get your first mystery shopping assignment.
How Can You Earn Money From BestMark?
The only way for you to earn money on the BestMark website is for you to be a mystery shopper. It is not like other opportunities, where there are a lot of ways to earn money.
BestMark doesn’t have any of that and it is only through the mystery shopper opportunity that you are able to earn any money on this website.
With that said, how do you earn money as a mystery shopper? BestMark said in its website that they have over 10,000 mystery shopping assignments per month available to people in the areas that they are servicing.
The assignments that you will do will vary greatly. But the main thing that you will do as a mystery shopper is to secretly visit specific stores that BestMark assigns you and observe what happens there.
You will need to observe the quality of the customer experience in the store that you are assigned to visit. You will then answer an in-depth survey regarding your experience in the store you visited.
Your answers to the survey should contain facts that happened during your observation, like what was said during your visit, what the store staff did, and how you generally felt when you visited the store.
Your answer to the survey will be given to BestMark’s clients to see if their staff need to be rewarded, trained to improve or to be evaluated based on their performance.
Mystery shopping assignments are usually different from each other, as each assignment will have its own set of requirements, guidelines, and parameters that you will need to follow to accomplish your task.
As for compensation, BestMark will reward you in a variety of ways, depending on the store that you visited and what you did there.
Usually, the website will pay you in cash for performing the tasks or reimburse you for the money you spent. Sometimes it is a combination of the two.
BestMark will provide you with more details about the compensation for the assignment so you can decide first if you want to accept it or not. You can likely expect to earn around $7 to $20 per hour.
There’s also a chance to earn more if there happens to be more mystery shopping assignment available in your area.
Payments are given twice a month via checks and your payment will be processed after you have submitted the survey, usually within 24 hours after completing the assignment or earlier.
It is important to follow completely the requirements of the assignment, as BestMark reserves the right to not pay you fully or pay you only partially if requirements are not completely fulfilled.
Your performance as a mystery shopper will also be evaluated by the website’s Quality Assurance Editor.
This could have an effect on your rate as a mystery shopper and the compensation you can get, so you should always try to do a good job.
To be a mystery shopper, you will need to fill out an application form that is found on their website and meet certain requirements that the company has.
These requirements are, to be at least 19 years old, have a reliable means of transportation, good written communications skills, good at focusing on details, and have a reliable computer with full internet access.
If they approve your application, they will contact you and give you access to their website to view the available assignments in your area.
Each assignment displayed will include all of the requirements and criteria needed to complete the assignment. Most of the assignments, as well as all of the surveys, can be viewed online. Submissions of surveys and reports should also be done online.
Currently, BestMark is available in almost all of the states in the U.S. and all the provinces in Canada. It is also available in Puerto Rico.
What I Liked about BestMark
Now that we have an idea of what BestMark is and how it works, it is time to discuss what I liked about the website.
- BestMark provides better pay to their mystery shoppers compared to other companies. It will actually be hard to find other mystery shopping companies that will pay more than BestMark. Plus the company is the leader in the mystery shopping industry, so you know you are working with the top company if you work for them.
- Mystery shopping for BestMark is only a part-time gig, as they allow their shoppers to work only a few hours every few months. But they do have an option if you want to do it full time as they will allow you to go beyond the 9 maximum assignments per month if there are more assignments in your area and you have already completed your other assignments.
- Training is provided, so BestMark is not just hiring you and letting you figure it out on your own. They will be guiding you to become a proper mystery shopper that their clients are looking for.
- It is free to join, as BestMark doesn’t require any fees or payments before you can apply to become a mystery shopper.
What I Disliked about BestMark
There are also other things that I didn’t like about BestMark and I’ll be discussing them here.
- Probably one of the things I disliked about this website and probably other mystery shopping opportunities is that there will be times that you’ll be asked to shell out your own money, as some assignments require you to purchase something. Yes, you might likely be reimbursed for it and even compensated, but since you won’t be getting your money immediately, that could be a problem. Also, you’ll be purchasing an item that you might not even need or want, so it could still be a waste.
- Speaking of reimbursements, not all of the cost you incur will be covered, such as transportation, parking fees, and more. The only reimbursement BestMark will usually cover is the item you purchased, so you have to make sure what you will earn is more than sufficient for the cost you will incur.
- Mystery shopping assignments are not guaranteed, as the assignments you can get will depend greatly on the area you are in. So if there are less assignment opportunity in your area, then the work and income you will get will also be less.
- Since assignments are not guaranteed, being a mystery shopper might not be a good source of extra income, especially if you are unfortunate enough to live in an area where assignments are few and competition is high.
- Payments are made through checks only, as the company doesn’t support PayPal or direct deposit as of the moment.
Is BestMark a Scam?
No, BestMark is not a scam, as the mystery shopping opportunity they provide is very much legitimate. You can be assured that assignments you get are legit and the company will really pay you for completing them.
BestMark has also been in the market research for 32 years since the company was founded in 1986. So you know they are not just a fly-by-night opportunity, they already have decades of experience.
So if you are having doubts about BestMark because you think they are a scam, then you can remove that doubt. The company is legit and the opportunity they provide is very much real.
Do I Recommend BestMark?
If you are looking for some extra income that will only require you to spend a few hours of your time a week, then I recommend BestMark for you.
You just need to follow and complete the requirements and parameters that come with the assignment you get, completely answer the in-depth survey and make your report to make some money.
If you are someone who enjoys a lot of shopping or visiting stores, then this opportunity might be appeal to you. But if you are looking to make serious money online, then I don’t recommend BestMark for you.
Since assignments are not guaranteed, it is hard for this opportunity to be a reliable source of consistent income. If you don’t like to go shopping, then you might also find this opportunity a bit of a chore.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- Newbies Business Affiliate Guide - October 17, 2020
1 thought on “BestMark Mystery Shopper Review: Legit Or Scam?”
I believe there are people impersonating Bestmark.
I received what looked like a VERY legitimate money order in the mail. It was for $985.00. They claimed to be Bestmark. I would not mind providing you with as much information as is possible if you would like to receive that kind of information.
I read Bestmark has been in business for 32 yrs. therefore, it saddens me to think someone/ some people are damaging the name of a legitimate company.