If you’re familiar with auctions, where you try to bid for an item you want to buy, then you won’t have a problem understanding what this website offers.
The QuiBids website is an online auction site that lets you bid on items and be able to purchase them at a discount. You will need to pay for bids, but there are ways to get them for free.
You won’t be earning anything from this website, as it doesn’t offer any form of rewards like gift cards or cash. But it does allow you to purchase items at a discount.
With QuiBids, it’s possible to purchase items at 50% off their standard retail price or more. But is this really a legit opportunity or just a scam?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
QuiBids is A Legit Opportunity to Buy Items at a Discount
QuiBids, which began in 2009, is an online auctions site that allows you to bid on popular products to be able to acquire them at incredibly low prices.
You just need to purchase bids and use them on the auction to have a chance to get the item at a discount. If you win, you are able to purchase the item at the price that you were able to win it.
Based on what QuiBids offers and on my initial impression of the website, I can say that the website is a legitimate auction site that allows you to buy items at a discount.
There’s no special thing that you need to do, as you just need to make a bid, win the auction, and buy the item at the price that you have won it.
You will just need to pay the shipping fee and the item will be delivered to you. It is easy and free to join QuiBids, you just need to register on the website. It is available to people living in the U.S. and Canada.
Who Uses QuiBids?
The QuiBids auction site is made for people who are looking for popular items that they can purchase at a great discount and those who like to participate in auctions.
If you’re someone who loves buying items at a discount, then this auction site might be what you are looking for.
QuiBids gives you an opportunity to be able to buy items at a discount by bidding on them, while they are being auctioned off.
You just need to win the bid in order to buy the item at the price it was being auctioned off. Fortunately, QuiBids provides a way for you to still get the item at a lower price in case you don’t win the auction.
So it’s basically a win-win situation for you, even if you don’t win, you can still buy the item you want at a price that is lower than the standard retail price.
It’s easy to be a member of QuiBids. You just need to be a resident of the U.S. or Canada and you can sign up and start participating in the auction.
How Do You Get Discounts With QuiBids?
As mentioned above, you are able to purchase items at a discount if you bid on it and win on the auction. As a bonus for registering, QuiBids will start you off with 3 free bids that you can use.
The bids allow you to participate in auctions and gives you a chance to win the right to buy the item at the price it was being auctioned for.
To win, you just need to be the highest bidder for that item. QuiBids will usually give notification of an auction 5 minutes before it begins, so you can be ready when the items start coming in.
Once you make a bid, 10 to 20 seconds is added to the time to allow other members the time to see if they want to bid on the item or not. If someone decides to bid, another 10 to 20 seconds is added.
The value of the item increases by 1 cent, every time someone bids on it. So if the item is worth $9.99, 1 bid will increase it to $10 and another will increase it to $10.01.
This will continue until the item is sold. If you win, you have three days to purchase the item after the auction has ended. If you don’t pay within this time, QuiBids will assume you don’t want it anymore.
The beauty of QuiBids is that you still have the option to purchase the item, even if you didn’t win the auction. They have a Buy Now option, where you can still buy the item at a discount.
The company will just lessen the number of bids you used to try and get the item. For example, you used 100 bids to try and win the auction but failed to do so. You can still buy that item at its value price, let’ say $100, minus the corresponding amount of the bids you used. So 100 bids x $0.50 = $50, so the price for the item will now be $100 – $50 = $50.
You will just need to pay $50 for that $100 item, plus the shipping fees and taxes if applicable. You can use as many bids as you want to get the item, as long as you have bids to use.
To get more, you will need to purchase the bids, which will cost you $0.50 per bid and are available in Bid Packs.
QuiBids has different options when it comes to the Bid Packs you can buy, you just need to choose the right one for you. The bids that you purchase are called Real Bids.
There are also Voucher Bids, which you can get for earning badges, referring friends, or other promotions that QuiBids have.
The Voucher Bids act like Real Bids, except that they can’t be used for the Buy Now option nor can they be refunded. Real Bids can be refunded, as long as they haven’t been used in auctions yet.
QuiBids has certain limits with its auctions like being allowed only 12 wins in a 28-day period and 12 wins in a 24-hour time period.
You are also able to only win 5 normal auctions and 1 beginner auction at a time. You can learn more about their limits on their FAQs page.
Joining QuiBids is easy to do, you will just need to enter your full name, email address, country (only U.S. or Canadian residents), and decide on a username and password.
What is Good about QuiBids
Now that we know more about QuiBids and how it works, it is time to discuss what is good about this auction site.
- The first thing that I liked about QuiBids is that it provides you with a way to purchase goods and popular items at a low price, and you don’t even need to win the auction to do that. By just participating in the auction and using your bids, you will already have the chance to purchase the item you want at a price that is lower than the normal retail price.
- I also like that QuiBids has a lot of good quality items available for auction.
What is Bad about QuiBids
Of course, not everything is all good and dandy with QuiBids, as there are also things that I disliked about this auction site.
- The first thing that I don’t like about QuiBids is that there have been a lot of people saying that they were instantly charged money after joining so they will have bids to start with. The company will ask for your bank details and will charge the price of 100 bids from your account. Now QuiBids didn’t mention this specifically in the Terms and Condition page, but they did say that bids are purchased in advance in the form of Bid Packs. This information should have been made clear right from the start and not just located on the Terms and Condition page.
- I also don’t like that there’s really no way for you to earn with QuiBids other than being able to save money on purchases. Granted, some of the discounts you can get here are great, but it would still be awesome if they offer a chance to earn something.
- I also didn’t like that you will still need to spend money in order to get bids to participate in the auctions. Yes, QuiBids offer free bids from time to time, but to really get enough bids to have a chance at the auction, you will need to spend real money. This means this site is really for people who have money to spare and not just those who are looking to buy items at a discount.
Do I Recommend QuiBids?
After learning more about QuiBids and what it does, I don’t really advise that you try out this auction site. Yes, the items they offer are good and available at lower prices.
But other than that, I don’t really see any value in being a member in QuiBids. You will first need to spend some money to purchase the bids in order to have a chance to win the auction.
So you’re basically spending money every time you make a bid. It would be great if you win the auction, but if you don’t then you have basically lost money.
You could still try to purchase the item and QuiBids will lessen the price based on the Real bids you used, but is it still worth it?
There’s also concern that money will instantly be taken out of your bank account for joining, just so you have bids to use at the start.
As for getting discounts of up to 50% or more, yes it is possible, especially if you win the auction. If you don’t, though, the discount you can get will be dependent on the bids you used.
But since you paid for those bids, there really is not that much discount if you look at the money you spent on the item.
So I don’t think the value that QuiBids offer is enough for me to recommend it to you. You’re better off looking for other opportunities to save money on items you want to purchase.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- Newbies Business Affiliate Guide - October 17, 2020