For today, we’ll be reviewing an app called LetGo, which will allow you to sell your unwanted items in your local area. This is somewhat similar to Craigslist, except it is done via an app.
But is this app really legit or is it just a scam? We’ll find out in this review. But before we begin, let us first discuss what the LetGo app is.
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
What is LetGo App?
LetGo is an app that is designed to connect buyers and sellers within an area. It works similar to that of Craigslist where you can sell your items in your local area.
It is one of the fastest growing apps to buy and sell locally, as it now has tens of millions of users. It is easy to use and free to join.
The company believes that your old stuff could be someone else’s new treasure, that’s why they’re making it easy for you to get rid of your old items and make money out of it.
The app just acts as a platform for sellers and buyers to meet and interact with each other. But when it comes to payment and negotiation, it is the sole responsibility of the parties involved.
LetGo also doesn’t charge any fees for sellers or take a percentage out of their profits. So sellers are able to get 100% of their money. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices.
Who Uses the LetGo App?
The LetGo app is used by two types of people, there are the sellers who have items that they no longer need or want that they are looking to sell, and the buyers who are looking to acquire items at a discount.
You can both be a seller or a buyer in LetGo. As a seller, the app gives you an opportunity to make some money from your old items by selling them.
LetGo designed the app in a way that you can use it easily. You will just need to take photos of the items you are selling them post them on the app for the buyers to see.
The beauty of this app is that LetGo is not charging you for anything. They’re not even taking a percentage out of the sales that you made, so you will be getting 100% of your money.
Negotiations and payments will have to be done by you though, as LetGo won’t be offering that service. As a buyer, the app offers you a way to purchase items at a relatively lower price.
Granted a lot of the items will likely be second-hand, but LetGo gives you the freedom to negotiate with the sellers and not just accept what they’re posting.
You can even haggle with the price that the item is being sold for, so it provides a lot of freedom and flexibility on your part as a buyer.
How You Earn Money From LetGo?
As mentioned above, you earn money from the LetGo app by selling items that you will no longer be using. You have the freedom to set how much you want to get for the items you are selling.
To be a member of LetGo, you would first need to download the app and join, either through Facebook or Google Plus or through your email address.
Once you have registered, you can start listing your items to be sold within your area. The first step is to take pictures of the item you are selling.
This can easily be done within the app itself, so you won’t need to open your camera app to take pictures.
After taking the pictures, you would just need to name the item, put in a description, and select which category it belongs to. You also have the freedom to set the asking price for the item you are selling.
Once this is done, your items will be available for buyers to view. The role of the LetGo app here is to become a platform for buyers and sellers to meet and negotiate with each other.
So this means that the LetGo app is simply just a place for you to put your items up for sale. Negotiating with the buyers, as well as providing payment options will simply fall on you, the seller.
Communication with the buyer can be done via the app, so you won’t need to open a different messaging app to have conversations.
So you can choose to be paid via PayPal, bank deposit, or be paid when you meet up to deliver the item. LetGo suggests that you meet up with the buyer in person to collect the payments.
Since you’ll be advertising your items within your area, meeting up is not something that is hard to do. Once you’ve sold the item, you should mark it as sold on the app.
With the LetGo app not processing anything for you, this allows them to offer their services for free and won’t need to take a small percentage from the profits you make for selling the item.
They do offer in-app purchases to help feature your listing on the app. This will allow you to get more attention to the items you are selling.
What is Good about the LetGo App
Now that we have discussed what the LetGo app is and how it works, it is now time to discuss the good things about the app.
- Probably the best thing that I like about the LetGo app is that it is very simple and easy to use. There’s no big learning curve to be able to use the app and navigate your way around it. After downloading and registering, you won’t have trouble using the app and posting your items for sale.
- I also like the fact that LetGo provides you with freedom when it comes to negotiating with buyers and setting the price for the items you’re selling. Some apps or companies have a certain standard when it comes to pricing the items members are selling. But with LetGo, you have all the freedom to sell it the price that you feel is right.
- It is free to register and use the LetGo app. You won’t have to worry about paying for any fees when you register or when you make a sale. The company won’t be taking a percentage off the money you make for using their platform since they’re not processing anything for you.
- The LetGo app makes it easier for you to sell some of your unwanted items. Instead of worrying about how to get rid of items you no longer need, you can list them on LetGo and sell them. The app is easy enough to use so you won’t have trouble setting up your account to list your items.
What is Bad about the LetGo App
Of course, there are also things that I didn’t like about LetGo that the company can improve on.
- It’s unfortunate that LetGo is location-based, as this limits the people who can purchase your items. The app is also not popular in certain areas, so there are likely fewer people who will be able to see what you are selling.
- Since the app is just a platform and everything else will still fall on you, you have to deal with potential buyers who will be asking questions but will not really buy the item. There’s also the possibility that someone will set a scheduled meet up to buy the item, only to not show up. LetGo won’t be screening buyers and sellers on their app, so scammers are something you will likely have to deal with.
- There’s also the possible safety concern since you will be meeting up with strangers to deliver your items and get the payment from them. If you’re not comfortable meeting strangers, then this opportunity might not be for you.
Is the LetGo App Legit or A Scam?
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I can say that the LetGo app is very much a legitimate opportunity and not just a scam.
The app is able to deliver on its promise of providing buyers and sellers a platform where they can meet and negotiate with each other with regards to the items that the sellers are selling.
They provide sellers with ways to properly list their items and they have chat feature to allow buyers to contact the sellers via the app.
Is the LetGo App to be Recommended?
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I recommend that you try out the LetGo app if you have a lot of items that you wanted to sell.
It has great features, is easy to use and won’t really cost you anything for joining and trying it out. You also won’t have to worry about LetGo taking a percentage of your earnings as a fee for using their services.
The app is very much free to use, and there are no hidden charges or anything that you will have to worry about. Since payment arrangements are made between you and the buyer, there’s no way for LetGo to take a portion of your profit.
There are of course some cons with the app, chief among those would be meeting up with potential buyers. If you’re not comfortable with that, then the app is not for you.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Work-at-Home Job Opportunities For Pregnant Women - June 7, 2021
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- How to Sell Hair Online – Best Options to Choose - June 3, 2021