Gas prices seem to always be going up more often than not, which is always a big hit on our budget. But did you know that there’s a way for you to save on fuel expenses?
It is through the Fuel Rewards Network program of one of the world’s leading fuel brands, Shell. It is a loyalty program that helps you save money on fuel purchases. But is this a legitimate opportunity?
Or is it a scam that doesn’t really reward? Let’s find out in this review. Before we begin, let us first talk about what Fuel Rewards Network is and how it works.
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
- 1 What is the Fuel Rewards Network?
- 2 Who Uses the Fuel Rewards Network?
- 3 How Can You Earn with Fuel Rewards Network?
- 4 What I Liked about Fuel Rewards Network
- 5 What I Disliked about the Fuel Rewards Network
- 6 Is the Fuel Rewards Network a Legit or a Scam?
- 7 Do I Recommend Fuel Rewards Network?
What is the Fuel Rewards Network?
The Fuel Rewards Network is the loyalty program of the oil company Royal Dutch Shell plc, commonly known as Shell. It is designed to help you save money whenever you gas up at over 11,000 Shell stations in the U.S.
The rewards program will be providing you with cash back every time you gas up at participating gas stations. You just swipe your Fuel Rewards card before gassing up to get the cash back.
The beauty of this loyalty program is that it acts like a rewards program, where you can earn more fuel rewards to be able to save money on fuel.
And you can do this by doing the things you already do, like shopping online, dining, and more. The Fuel Rewards Network program is currently only available to U.S. residents and it is free to join.
Who Uses the Fuel Rewards Network?
The Fuel Rewards Network program is designed for people like you who are looking to save some money every time you gas up your vehicles.
The program allows you to save several cents off per gallon every time you use it when you are gassing up.
You will just need to use the Fuel Rewards card at a participating gas station and you can enjoy a few cents off on your fuel. But your card is not only a loyalty card, as it is also actually a rewards card.
Shell will provide you with rewards for things that you are already doing regularly, like shopping, dining, and more. This allows you to get more fuel rewards and get more money off your fuel purchase.
You just need to use your Fuel Rewards card at Shell convenience stores to earn more rewards. You can also link it with your credit card and/or to other loyalty cards you have from Shell’s partner stores.
It is easy and free to become a member of the Fuel Rewards Network. You just need to visit their website to sign up. It is currently only available to U.S. residents.
How Can You Earn with Fuel Rewards Network?
You don’t really make any money with the Fuel Rewards Network, but what you do get is savings on your fuel purchase. Just by using your Fuel Rewards card, you will save money on fuel.
The card will shed off 3¢ per gallon of fuel. It is not much but it will certainly help, especially if you’ll be gassing up more than one gallon of gas.
You just need to swipe your card first before paying and you will see that your total will reflect the discount. In case you didn’t bring your card with you, you can use your phone number to get the discount.
To get the discount, you will need to fuel up at participating Shell gas stations that are honoring the fuel rewards card. If you have a Gold status, you get 5¢ per gallon off.
But if 3¢ per gallon is too small a discount for you, then you’ll be happy to know that Shell provides other ways to earn more fuel rewards and get more off your gas purchase than just 3¢ per gallon.
Every time you dine at over 10,000 participating restaurants nationwide, you get to earn 10¢ per gallon for spending $100 using a linked Mastercard, Visa, or American Express credit or debit card.
It is important to remember that the debit card should be used as a credit card and not debit to earn the fuel rewards.
You can also earn 5¢ per gallon for every $50 you spend shopping at select local and online merchants, as long as you also pay with a linked credit or debit card.
Booking hotels, flights, and rental cars through the Fuel Rewards Network will also earn you 5¢ per gallon for spending $50.
Shopping at Shell convenience stores or getting coffee and car washes will also result in more fuel rewards. You just need to check for special items or promos you need to buy to get the fuel reward.
Select regional stores also offer ways for you to earn more fuel rewards by taking part in their promotions. Just visit the Fuel Rewards Network website for more information or download the program’s app.
To enjoy this reward, you will just need to create an account at the Fuel Rewards Network website, which is free to do so.
Once you’ve filled out all the information you will be given an ALT ID and a loyalty card you can use. You can pick up your card at participating Shell stations.
The Fuel Rewards Network is available for U.S. residents, as of the moment.
What I Liked about Fuel Rewards Network
Now that we have an idea of what is the Fuel Rewards Network and how it works, it is time to discuss what I liked about the program.
- The first thing that I liked about the Fuel Rewards Network is that it offers savings on your fuel purchase at participating gas stations. This is a great way to save some money, especially if you have a vehicle. Purchasing fuel is probably something you do regularly, so having a loyalty and rewards program like this will be a big money saver.
- Another thing that I liked about the Fuel Rewards Network is that it provides you with a lot of ways to earn more fuel rewards. From shopping to dining, to even doing the groceries, Shell will reward you if you’re able to spend a certain amount or bought certain items from partner stores. You can also link your credit card to your rewards card to be able to earn from more stores.
- I also like that the Fuel Rewards Network is available for free, which means you won’t need to pay fees to become a member of the loyalty and rewards program. You also won’t need to worry about a monthly membership fee.
What I Disliked about the Fuel Rewards Network
Of course, there are also things that I didn’t like about the program, which I’ll discuss here.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about the Fuel Rewards Network is that it is only available in the U.S. This is a disappointing, considering that Shell is an international brand. This kind of loyalty and rewards program would be a great help to many people outside of the U.S.
- It’s also a shame that the rewards you earn cannot be used anywhere else except on purchasing fuel at participating Shell gas stations. It would be great if there would be some sort of cash component with the rewards program or it could be used to purchase other items or services in Shell instead of just fuel.
- I also didn’t like that it can only be used at participating Shell gas stations, which means the Fuel Rewards Network could be totally useless for you if there aren’t any Shell gas stations near your area.
- I also didn’t like that the rewards you earn expire and it depends on where you earned them. Some rewards can last for 30 days, while others can be used within 60 days. This means you cannot store the rewards you earned, hoping to increase their amount before using them.
Is the Fuel Rewards Network a Legit or a Scam?
Based on what I’ve seen, I can say that the Fuel Rewards Network is not a scam, but a legitimate way to save some money on fuel.
Since this program is offered by Shell, one of the known brands of oil in the world, you know it isn’t a scam, as a company as big as Royal Dutch Shell won’t be offering false promises.
You will really get savings on your fuel purchase and you can even get more if you’re able to earn more fuel rewards.
You will just need to make sure that you spend your reward before they expire so you won’t be wasting them.
Do I Recommend Fuel Rewards Network?
If you reside in the U.S., you have a car or a motorcycle, and there’s at least one Shell gas station near your area, then yes I recommend that you sign up for the Fuel Rewards Network.
The savings it offers on fuel purchases is something that should not be passed up, especially if you’re someone who buys a lot of fuel.
The program they offer will allow you to save money, which you can use for other things or for emergencies. Besides, it is free to become a member, so there’s really no risk on your part by signing up.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- Newbies Business Affiliate Guide - October 17, 2020
2 thoughts on “Fuel Rewards Network Review: Is It A Legit Opportunity To Save On Fuel Expense Or Just A Scam?”
BEWARE FUEL REWARDS SELLS OR HARES YOUR NAME AND EMAIL TO MANY ORGANIZATIONS. I used a different email address and a unique name to sign up and have received a ton of spam addressed to that email and unique name. Because of this and the problem written below, I recommend to NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS CARD.
I Purchased 5 qts Pennzoil w/choice $10 rebate or $1 off gal up to 20 gal.Selected gal option; offer stated good for 60 days after issued (per their records it had only be 36 days since they received it); called 8 weeks after submission per instructions; told them never received saving code; they told me offer expired & nothing they could do. I should have had 24 days left to use code. I think they make you wait so long to check on the code, so it will be too late to return oil and then they can says program is no longer active. One of the rudest customer service reps I have dealt with. She says Nothing can be done now and she hung up on me. Called back and never got an answer — must have blocked my call. Feel cheated, scammed, just wanted my personal information.
I have the fuel rewards card, I love it because I drive a towtruck and I have to fuel up more than regular, it’s nice to save a little off each gallon.