When it comes to making money online, no opportunity is more common than survey sites. There are a lot of websites out there that offers surveys as a way for people to make money online.
However, as there are a lot of them, the competition to attract new members and clients is tough. To entice them to consider their website, some online panels become a Get-Paid-To (GPT) site instead of just a survey site.
This means that they offer more opportunities for people to earn instead of just relying on answering surveys.
For this review, we’ll be talking about one such website, and it’s called MyPoints. It is a GPT website that offers people various ways to earn.
You will get paid to answer surveys, shop online, watch videos, search the web, and more. The site will pay you in points, which you can redeem for various rewards once you have earned enough.
The earnings you can get here will depend greatly on how active you will be in completing tasks. From what I’ve seen, it is likely possible that you will earn about $25 worth of rewards with this site.
But is MyPoints really a legitimate GPT site or just another scam that you should avoid?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
MyPoints is A Legit GPT Site that Really Pays
MyPoints is a Get-Paid-To website that offers various ways for you to earn. You will just need to complete tasks like answering surveys, watching videos, shopping online, and more to earn.
The site pays you in points for each task that you complete. The points you earn can be redeemed for various rewards that the site offers.
MyPoints has been doing this since 1996, so you know they are a legitimate website that really pays. Recently, they have been acquired by Swagbucks, one of the well-known rewards sites today.
Despite all the things that prove the site is legit, there are a lot of negative comments and complaints about the website.
There have been complaints about the survey opportunities of the site, its customer service, points not being given, and much more.
A lot of these complaints are recent, so you know these are new issues. As we progress further with this review, I’ll discuss in more detail the issues being mentioned.
I’ll also discuss further why you can only expect to earn $25 or less worth of rewards in a month.
Who Uses MyPoints?
The MyPoints GPT site is designed to be used by two groups with one being businesses and organizations that are looking for various ways to engage with people.
The other group is people like you who are looking for ways to make money online.
For businesses and organizations, the site offers various tasks that they can take advantage of to engage with people.
They can have them take surveys to learn what they are thinking and their opinions. They can also post video advertisements that people can watch.
They can even entice them to shop online or offer deals and promos. They have the freedom on the kind of activity they want to do.
For people like you MyPoints offers various opportunities to earn rewards.
As a member, you can earn by answering surveys, shopping online, watching videos, reading emails, searching the web, playing games, and more.
You will get paid in points, which you can redeem for various rewards once you have earned enough. It is free and easy to be a member. You just need to be a resident of the U.S. or Canada in order to register.
In the next section, I’ll discuss in more detail the different activities you can do to earn in MyPoints.
How Do You Earn Rewards in MyPoints?
MyPoints offers various ways for you to earn on the website. You can get paid to shop online, answer surveys, read email, play games, watch videos, and more.
Each task you complete will earn you points, which you can redeem for different rewards once you have earned enough points.
To begin, you would just need to click the Join Now button and fill out the required information in order to register. You just need to be a resident of the U.S. or Canada to be able to register.
To earn your first 100 points, you need to download the MyPoints app, which is free to do so. Once you are done, you start doing various activities to earn points.
The first way you can earn points is by shopping through the website. The site has over 1,900 popular online retail stores that you can shop at and you will earn points for your purchases. The number of points you can earn is dependent on the purchases that you make.
Another way to earn points is by answering surveys. Just make sure your profile is updated to receive them.
You can earn up to 400 points just for answering surveys. Now, a lot of the complaints that members have has something to do with answering surveys.
A lot of the members have complained that the surveys are not as good as they used to be, as the disqualification rate is now higher. There’s also an issue with the site disabling surveys just for making a mistake.
Fortunately, answering surveys is not the only opportunity as MyPoints also allows you to earn by watching videos. The site has a variety of videos available and you can earn 1 point for each video you watch.
If you like playing games, the site also allows you to earn points from playing video games. You can earn up to 8 points just for playing popular games that the site offers.
MyPoints also has an offer site, where you can earn a total of 50,000 points for completing various offers that they have. The site also offers coupons, which allow you to save on groceries and other items.
Printing the coupon can also allow you to earn 10 points. Searching the web using Yahoo can also give you a chance to win up to 170 points from MyPoints.
Lastly, you can also earn by referring people to register on the website. You can earn 10% of your referral’s qualifying points.
When it comes to redeeming your points, the site has a lot of different options to choose from. You can choose to redeem it for gift cards, as MyPoints has 70 gift card brands available.
You can redeem for as low as 480 points for gift cards, which equals $3. If you prefer to get paid in cash, you can redeem it for PayPal or VISA prepaid card. For PayPal, you will need at least 3,970 points, which equals $25.
You can also redeem your points for airline miles. It starts at 15,800 points for $100 worth of airline miles.
Some members have complained about not getting points for completing certain activities on the site. This is probably just a result of the members not meeting the requirement or an overlook on MyPoints part.
But one complaint that I cannot overlook is the site’s lack of reliable customer service. A lot of members are complaining that the site doesn’t really reply to any inquiries or questions or it takes them a while to do so.
This is just an unacceptable issue since customer service is one way for members to feel that the site is valuing them.
What I Liked about MyPoints
Now that we know more about MyPoints and what it can offer, it’s time to discuss what I liked about the opportunity.
- The first thing that I liked about MyPoints is that they are offering a variety of different opportunities for you to earn. This is always a good thing since this gives you more opportunity to earn on the site as you don’t need to rely on just one way to earn the points. This will allow you to quickly reach the minimum threshold needed to redeem for rewards.
- I also like that MyPoints has a variety of rewards available for you to choose from. Though I prefer to get paid in cash, not everyone will share my enthusiasm with that reward. So having different options to choose from is always a good thing.
- It’s also good that it is easy and free to join MyPoints. You won’t need to worry about paying for anything or filling out long application forms.
What I Disliked about MyPoints
Of course, not everything is good with MyPoints, as there are also a lot of things that I didn’t like about the opportunity.
- The first thing that I disliked about MyPoints is that it is only available to people living in the U.S. and Canada. This puts a limit to the number of people who can join the site, especially when it comes to its referral program.
- I also disliked that MyPoints doesn’t have any option to redeem for low amounts of cash. If you want to redeem via PayPal, the lowest you can get is $25, which will cost 3,970 points. But if you want to redeem for an Amazon gift card, you can do so for only 480 points, which equals $3.
- I also didn’t like that there have been a lot of recent complaints coming from members of MyPoints. A lot of them have stated that the site used to be a good opportunity to earn a side income, but now it is turning to be a waste of time. A lot of people seem to be blaming Swagbucks’ acquisition for the site’s service becoming worse.
Do I Recommend MyPoints?
After learning more about what MyPoints is and what it brings to the table, I can say that it is an opportunity that I don’t really recommend.
Though the site has some upsides that you can consider, it is hard to ignore the many complaints that people have with it.
A lot of them said that the site used to be a good opportunity to earn a decent income from, but recent changes and services have somehow made the site worse.
And if the site’s services are now worse, it just doesn’t make sense for me to recommend it to you, even just to check it out.
There are a lot of better opportunities out there and it would be a better use of your time and effort to check the other opportunities out than trying out MyPoints.
- Penny Hoarder Review – Can You Make Money With Penny Hoarder
- Research Participants Institute Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Reckner Opinions Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Receipt Hog Review – A Make Money Opportunity
- Quickthoughts App Review – A Make Money Opportunity
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- Newbies Business Affiliate Guide - October 17, 2020