The internet provides a lot of different opportunities when it comes to making money. Some opportunities require simple tasks like answering surveys, signing up for offers, and more.
These types of opportunities don’t really require any special skills or experience and is usually open to everyone. Then, there are also opportunities that require you to possess certain skills or experience to perform.
These opportunities usually require you come up with content articles, translate a document into a different language, do graphic design work, and more.
Regardless of whatever your skill set and experiences are, you will always find an opportunity to make money on the internet.
In this review, we’ll be talking about a money-making opportunity that the company RentAFriend offers. As the name of the site suggests, it offers people a way to make money by being a friend for hire.
You will be paid per hour of your time and the amount of money you can earn here will depend greatly on how often you will be hired by people.
From the looks of it, it’s possible to make about $200 to $500 a month with this opportunity. But is RentAFriend really a legitimate opportunity or is it just a scam that you should avoid?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
RentAFriend is a Legit Opportunity to Make Money.
RentAFriend is a website that will allow people an opportunity to make money by being a friend for hire in their local area.
You can be hired to attend a party with someone, watch a movie, have coffee, and so on. As a friend for hire, you will be paid per hour of your service.
From what I’ve seen so far, I can say that RentAFriend is a legitimate opportunity to make money. You can really make money from this site by being a friend for hire.
You will just need a good profile to attract more people to choose you as the friend they want to meet. You can expect to earn about $10 to $50 an hour doing this gig.
There is one main issue with this opportunity, though, and that issue is that sometimes the friendly date can become awkward or even creepy for that matter.
And this experience is not just experienced by friends for hire, as some of the site’s clients also had some bad experience with the friend they hired.
I’ll be sharing some of the horror stories I’ve read about RentAFriend as we progress further in this review.
Who Uses RentAFriend?
The RentAFriend website is designed for two types of people with one being those who are new to a certain area and have no one to talk to or those who just really need a friend to hang out with.
The other type are people who are extroverts and are outgoing, and are looking for an opportunity to make some money.
If you are someone who is an introvert, don’t have a lot of friends to hang out with or a friend just to listen to you, then RentAFriend has you covered.
The website allows you to hire people to be your friend for a certain period of time. You can hire people to watch a movie with, go to a party, or even just someone to talk to.
You will pay the friend you hired on a monthly basis. There will also be a one-time membership fee that you will need to shoulder to be a member and have access to their list of available friends.
If you are an outgoing person and is looking for an opportunity to make money, RentAFriend provides that opportunity by being a friend for hire.
You will get paid for your services per hour and the one paying you will be the client who hired you. Becoming a member is simple and free to do so.
I’ll discuss the registration process, as well as how this works in the next section.
How Do You Make Money with RentAFriend?
RentAFriend offers only one way to make money and that is by signing up to be a Friend on the website. As a friend for hire, you can make money whenever a member of the site hires you.
You get paid per hour of your service and the one who will pay you will not be the company, but the client who hired you.
To begin, you first need to register on the RentAFriend website. You can register as a member or as a friend. As a member, you will be required to pay a one-time fee of $24.95 for the registration.
If you sign up as a friend, you won’t need to pay for anything. Registering is simple and easy to do so. You just need to provide some personal details, like your nickname, location and email address.
If you are signing up as a friend, you can also choose to sign up using your Facebook or Google account. After you have registered, the next step will be to complete your profile.
It is important that you fill this out completely and honestly as these will be visible in your public profile and it will be the first thing that members will see about you.
The site also allows members to filter the available friends for hire. They can filter it by gender, ethnicity, blood type, age, height, eye color, sexual orientation, fees, and more. So make sure your profile is completely filled out.
You will also be required to provide 2 to 3 sentences about youself and upload a photo. The last step will be to verify your phone number and you are all set.
It is important to note that members will be the one to contact you directly if they are interested in hiring you to be their friend.
You will usually be asked to join them to see a movie, go to a party or any event with them, attend a concert, or just have someone to talk to. You will be paid per hour of your service.
The minimum you can ask is $10 per hour and the maximum is $50 per hour. The amount you receive may vary, as this will depend on your negotiation with the client.
There’s no need to schedule a specific time for you to work, you can set the hours and schedules that you prefer. As for payment, the member will be the one to pay you and not RentAFriend so this will depend on your negotiation.
As for how safe RentAFriend is, it is really hard to determine. There are some who had negative experiences with the friend or client they got. There are also others who had positive experiences.
Now as mentioned above, one of the main issues with this opportunity is that there have been some bad experiences with friends.
There have been stories where the member who hired them have turned out to be a creepy or a jerk. There are also stories where some members thought that the site was is a secret dating site.
So the Friend experienced several unwanted advances from the member, thinking this is what the service is for. Of course, some members were also disappointed with the friends they hired.
There’s a member who was disappointed with the friend he hired because their personal appearance was very different from the one in the profile picture. These are just some of the horror stories that you can possibly encounter.
However, there are also a lot of positive experiences with RentAFriend. You will never really know until you meet them.
The site does offer some advice to help you protect yourself though.
- Always meet up in a public place.
- Ensure that you have your phone close to you at all times.
- Always be self-sufficient, including having enough cash with you.
- Never go to someone’s home.
- And if it doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.
What I Like about RentAFriend
Now that we know what RentAFriend is what it offers, it’s time to discuss what is good about this opportunity.
- The first thing that I like about RentAFriend is that you know that this opportunity is not just some scam. It has already been featured on TV a couple of times, on CNN, Fox News, and more. So you know the site is not a scam or just a shady business as it has been featured on various TV channels.
- I also like that it is free to join RentAFriend if you are signing up to be a friend for hire and you get to keep 100% of the pay you get. Sites like this would usually try to get a cut or a small percentage of the pay that you will get. But with RentAFriend, they get to earn from the registration fee that members pay when they join the site.
- Another thing that I like about RentAFriend is that you are really your own boss with this opportunity. You are not required to be available at a specific time or to get a certain number of clients. You can set the hours that you work, when you work, and how much you want to work.
What I Dislike about RentAFriend
As appealing as this all sounds, there are also things about RentAFriend that I did not really like.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about RentAFriend are the safety issues that usually accompany services like this one. There have been some bad experiences reported, but nothing really serious yet. It would probably be better if the company has a way of filtering people who sign up to be a member. In this way, they are minimizing the risk that “Friends” might experience when it comes to meeting strangers.
- I also didn’t like that the income you can get here is not consistent. Yes, you can set your own rate and decide on how much you want to work. But if no member contacts you, you will get no business coming your way. So you will basically have to be good at marketing yourself and making your profile look appealing to members.
Do I Recommend RentAFriend?
After learning more about what RentAFriend is and what it brings to the table, I can say that it is an opportunity that is worth looking into.
Yes, there are some possible safety issues that you would need to prepare for in case it happens to you. But so far, most of the people who tried them are generally happy with the website.
The site also does its best to try and protect their “Friends” providing tips and guidelines about the do’s and don’ts of a friend for hire.
If you are an outgoing and extrovert person who wants to earn some side income, then you might be interested in what RentAFriend offers.
But if you are an introverted person and prefers to stay at home, then this opportunity might not be for you.
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- 3 Sites That Pay You to Recommend Company Or Product Names - October 4, 2021
- A List of Scam Websites - October 4, 2021
- What is BritishFx Funds? Discovering the Hidden Truth About What is BritishFx - October 4, 2021