Answering surveys is probably one of the most common money-making opportunities that you can find online. A lot of websites out there offer surveys as their main, or at least, one of their opportunities to make money.
With so many websites to choose from, though, it becomes hard to decide on which ones to sign up with. But before you sign up with any website, it’s important to know that not all of the survey sites are legit.
There are actually a number of them that turn out to be total scams and a big waste of your time. To avoid getting scammed, we review these opportunities to see if they are worth your time and effort.
For this review, we’ll be taking a look at Gold Opinions. It is a survey site that promises to allow you to earn thousands of dollars a month just for answering surveys.
As appealing as this sounds, is this opportunity really a legitimate one? Or is it just another one of those scams that are just a waste of your time?
You can also check out the step-by-step training that helps me earn over $10,000+ per month working from home.
- 1 You Can Make Money with Gold Opinions, But the Site is Still Considered a Scam
- 2 Who Uses Gold Opinions?
- 3 How Do You Make Money with Gold Opinions?
- 4 What I Liked about Gold Opinions
- 5 What I Disliked about Gold Opinions
- 6 Is Gold Opinions to be Recommended?
- 7 Similar Posts
You Can Make Money with Gold Opinions, But the Site is Still Considered a Scam
Gold Opinions is a website that promises to allow you to make money online by answering surveys that they provide.
The site claims that you can make thousands of dollars a month by just answering surveys. They have partnered with big companies that spend millions on market research to be able to offer you high paying surveys.
The money you earn can be paid out via check or PayPal every 15th and end of the month. It is possible to make some money with Gold Opinions, but not at the amount that they are claiming.
But this is not the only reason I still call them a scam, as there are actually a lot of reasons. For one, this is not a site that provides surveys. What they have is a list of survey providers.
Another issue is that it is not free to join Gold Opinions. You will be required to shell out $27 membership fee per month.
This is basically highway robbery, considering the list they show you are not that hard to find. I’ll discuss in more detail why this site is considered a scam, as the review progresses.
Who Uses Gold Opinions?
The Gold Opinions website seems to be designed for two groups of people with one being brands and businesses looking to gather more information to improve their respective businesses.
The other group are people like you who are looking for ways to make money online.
The site claims that they have partnered with a lot of big corporations that spends millions on market research activities.
It is true that a lot of big companies spend a lot of money to conduct market research activities that can help them improve the products and services that they offer to people.
What isn’t true is Gold Opinions being partners with big companies to be able to provide you high paying surveys. What the site does have is a list of hundreds of survey sites that are offering paid surveys.
The problem here is that the list they have is not even the best survey sites out there, as some of the sites they have listed are actually scams.
Another problem is that Gold Opinions charges you a monthly membership fee for a list of sites that you can search for free with the help of Google.
Well, some of the sites that Gold Opinions recommend can probably allow you to make money by answering surveys, but don’t expect to earn up to $1,000 a month with these sites.
In the next section, I’ll be discussing more on why this site is a scam that you should avoid.
How Do You Make Money with Gold Opinions?
The only way for you to make money with Gold Opinions is by participating and answering surveys. You’ll get paid for each survey you complete and your money will be paid via PayPal or check.
The site offers two types of surveys with one being Premium Paid Surveys and the other Paid Surveys By Country.
The Premium Paid Surveys are the list of hundreds of survey sites that Gold Opinions recommends. Some of the sites they list are actually good sites, while there are also those that don’t pay well.
Of course, there are also scam sites on that list, so the list basically helps you with nothing. The Paid Surveys By Country lists the available surveys in a particular country.
This is actually a useful section, especially if you don’t live in the U.S. or UK. The site also mentions that the surveys you take will pay you around $5 to $50 per completed survey.
There isn’t any limit to how many you can take and the money you earn will be sent on the 15th and at the end of the month via PayPal or check. The site claims that you can earn good money with them.
This shows that Gold Opinions is not even a survey site in itself. They don’t provide any sort of survey for people to answer, what they do offer is just a list of paid survey sites.
The problem is that the list that they provide is something that you can already search on your own without needing to pay anything.
Gold Opinions charge a monthly fee of $27. They do have a 7-day trial for $1 to allow you to check out the site. After the 7-day trial, your credit card will automatically be billed $27.
Legit survey sites don’t charge anything because their money comes from the businesses and clients who request the survey studies.
You might think that $27 is not much, especially if the earning you can get can reach $1,000 a month. However if you are familiar with survey sites, you know that earning that amount consistently per month is impossible.
The highest you can probably earn with surveys is $100 to $200 a month. But that would require a lot of your time and several survey sites just to reach that amount.
So the claim of earning thousands of dollars is a big lie, as you will never be able to earn that amount monthly just by answering surveys.
Furthermore, the sites they mention also require you to sign up and register with them, further making Gold Opinions useless.
Some of these sites might even have referral programs, which means more money coming in for Gold Opinions.
What I Liked about Gold Opinions
After learning more about Gold Opinions and what it offers, it’s time to talk about the things that I liked about this opportunity if there are any.
- To be completely honest, there’s really nothing to like about the Gold Opinions website since they don’t really offer anything of value. The list of survey sites that they provide is not that hard to find. Plus, you can do it without needing to pay anything. Also, they didn’t even take the time to identify which sites are legit, as there are several in their lists that are considered a scam. So there’s really nothing to like about them.
What I Disliked about Gold Opinions
When it comes to the things that I didn’t like, there are actually a lot of them. But I will just focus on the important things that you need to be aware of.
- The first thing that I didn’t like about Gold Opinions is that the site is positioning itself as a survey site that has partnered with different big companies to provide its members with high paying surveys. This alone is false, as the website doesn’t really have surveys to provide its members. What they do have is just a list of survey sites that offer paid surveys. The list is not even exclusive or good since some of the sites mentioned there are scams.
- I also didn’t like that Gold Opinions is lying about the amount of money you can earn on their site. They claim that surveys can pay $5 to $50. And that it is also possible to earn thousands of dollars per month on the site. This is all a big lie if you know how survey sites work. Yes, there are some sites that pay exceptionally well for completing surveys, but they are the exception and not the rule. Plus, you still won’t earn thousands of dollars since they don’t consistently give out high paying surveys.
- My biggest issue with Gold Opinions is the fact that they are charging people $27 a month just to be a member. Legit survey sites don’t charge people to join since they are already making money from their clients. So this alone will show you that Gold Opinions is not really a legitimate site since they need to rely on a membership fee to be able to make money and not on clients market research budgets.
Is Gold Opinions to be Recommended?
Now that we have learned more about Gold Opinions and what it brings to the table, I can say that it is an opportunity that I don’t recommend.
The website doesn’t really offer anything of value, so it will just be a big waste of time and money to be a member and rely on the opportunity they offer to make money.
The site itself doesn’t offer any surveys for you to answer. What they do offer is a list of websites that offer paid surveys.
Now some of the sites mentioned are actually good and can really allow you to make money, but some sites are a scam or only allow mediocre income.
Plus, the list they provide is something that you can already find on your own. You wouldn’t need Gold Opinions’ help to be able to find them, so this so-called survey site is really useless.
If you get an invite to be a member of Gold Opinions, just decline it and stay as far away as possible. There are a lot of legit and better opportunities to make money out there than what this site offers.
- Op4g Opinionplus Surveys Review
- Nicequest Review
- National Consumer Panel Review
- Microsoft User Research Playtest Review
- Opinium Research Panel Review
Latest posts by Frank (see all)
- Let Me Show You How To Start a Blog & Make Money In JUST 5 Days - June 5, 2021
- Super Affiliate Machine: Is it Legit Or A Scam? We Review It - November 4, 2020
- Newbies Business Affiliate Guide - October 17, 2020